Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

Not quite sure how paying for legal services is funding anti-semites. Unless of course you’re publicly saying that the law firm, barrister and Sofia are all anti-Semitic. Quite a bold statement to make
How do you feel about calling LTNs “ethnic cleansing”?

How do you feel about calling LTNs “ethnic cleansing”?
You’ve asked me this exact question before. I’ve said on a few occasions that is not language that I would use for a number of reasons but primarily that I’m a student of history and understand what that phrase means and can contextualise it.

You can go back to the previous conversations we’ve had about this.

You’ve asked me this exact question before. I’ve said on a few occasions that is not language that I would use for a number of reasons but primarily that I’m a student of history and understand what that phrase means and can contextualise it.

You can go back to the previous conversations we’ve had about this.
Well you might want to share your views & educate some of the people you just mentioned. It also doesn’t seem the issue is just about disability rights for them if they’re using that phrase.

Well you might want to share your views & educate some of the people you just mentioned. It also doesn’t seem the issue is just about disability rights for them if they’re using that phrase.
Who did I just mention that I need to educate? I don’t hold out much help of educating adults.

Sunday papers are reporting that due to partygate, Tories are on course to lose control of both Wandsworth and Westminster councils. That could have quite an impact on schemes moving forward if that happens

Having lived in Wandsworth I don't think Conservatives are likely to lose. People seem happy to vote Labour at Westminster and Conservative at council. Labour also just won a by election by Balham/Streatham by one vote a few weeks back, where last two times they easily won it. Although I guess that predates Party gate

Having lived in Wandsworth I don't think Conservatives are likely to lose. People seem happy to vote Labour at Westminster and Conservative at council. Labour also just won a by election by Balham/Streatham by one vote a few weeks back, where last two times they easily won it. Although I guess that predates Party gate
I’d not take much from that by-election result. 21% turnout vs 46% in 2018.

national polls are looking very different to 2018 right now, and even to the position in November.

073C0059-2171-47D9-B8C5-7B785A335229.jpeg
203FDC95-8744-4D51-92FD-B3B8C18D1DA9.jpeg

Sure but national polls don't always indicate local results. Wandsworth hasn't gone Labour for decades despite polls indicating Conservative collapse at various points.

yeah - can’t see Wandsworth or Westminster changing but wondering how Tim Briggs campaign against the “woke” will play out in Clapham. What a lovely man.

Was just trying to help out as whatshisname had always said he’d no idea who in the tiny OneLambeth group was dealing with the social media. Happy for the mods to remove so long as they’re consistent and take out all the other personal stuff across this thread and Buzz. But I’ve not said anything nasty about her.

In any case, Sam was happy to put herself out there as a onesie spokesperson and be photographed at the court, posting her photo on the OneLambeth twitter. This just connects the dots and I’m a strong believer that you shouldn’t say anything online that you’d not say in person (though accept many of us may have said things that we don’t actually believe in anger or to get a reaction at times).

Last edited:
But can see why it’s considered in play View attachment 306177

Oh sure but compared to 2018 Labour has better polling but so far as I can tell from local Labour pals they won't have the volunteers.

I used to go via Clapham Junction in 18 quite regularly and it was quite impressive how much effort Labour threw at the election. I remember once walking past a car park where there were hundreds of volunteers getting fired up by Owen Jones. I don't think that this is likely to happen again.

Oh sure but compared to 2018 Labour has better polling but so far as I can tell from local Labour pals they won't have the volunteers.

I used to go via Clapham Junction in 18 quite regularly and it was quite impressive how much effort Labour threw at the election. I remember once walking past a car park where there were hundreds of volunteers getting fired up by Owen Jones. I don't think that this is likely to happen again.
The enthusiasm for Corbyn got Labour groups a huge number of feet on the ground. But he was such a polarising figure I suspect Corbynite door knockers weren’t likely to convert many wavering Tory voters.

The enthusiasm for Corbyn got Labour groups a huge number of feet on the ground. But he was such a polarising figure I suspect Corbynite door knockers weren’t likely to convert many wavering Tory voters.

Oh sure but raw numbers has a power of its own.

I did some canvassing one local election for a Labour pal and it having hundreds of people knocking doors of identified Labour voters seemed to work

yeah - can’t see Wandsworth or Westminster changing but wondering how Tim Briggs campaign against the “woke” will play out in Clapham. What a lovely man.
If you were to talk to him, he’s decent and willing to have a sensible debate. Whether you want to or not is another matter and up to you

Was just trying to help out as whatshisname had always said he’d no idea who in the tiny OneLambeth group was dealing with the social media. Happy for the mods to remove so long as they’re consistent and take out all the other personal stuff across this thread and Buzz. But I’ve not said anything nasty about her.

In any case, Sam was happy to put herself out there as a onesie spokesperson and be photographed at the court, posting her photo on the OneLambeth twitter. This just connects the dots and I’m a strong believer that you shouldn’t say anything online that you’d not say in person (though accept many of us may have said things that we don’t actually believe in anger or to get a reaction at times).
It's fairly clear that chowce5382 has decided he's not going to get drawn into criticising or defending the one Lambeth Twitter account. I think we can assume that he knows who it is, or would be able to find out. From this we can all draw our own conclusions. The fact that the various people arguing on that side are not all comfortable with each other's positions doesn't necessarily detract from the arguments behind any of those positions, but it does give me confidence that they don't collectively represent anything that amounts to a majority view, and that the opposition to the LTNs comes from a smaller portion of the population than might sometimes appear to be the case.

If there were a large number of people with a strong argument then I think we would see them, and they would be distancing themselves from the kind of stuff that's been posted on that Twitter account, because there would be enough people not wanting their names to be associated with it.

Back
Top Bottom