Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

I did mention to one of the hardcore Onesies how awful it was and there claiming it might be a hack… that’s been going on for months chowce5382 thinks otherwise.

View attachment 288837

How many OneLambeth’s is that now?

Tim Briggs definitely thinks the account is both legitimate and represents the campaign (which he considers himself part of).

I did actually see a private road in an LTN the other day up at Oval. So I guess this is the road Tim Briggs wants this got rid of so there can be a rat run through the estate?

IMG_4494.jpeg

Last edited:
Tim Briggs definitely thinks the account is both legitimate and represents the campaign (which he considers himself part of).

I did actually see a private road in an LTN the other day up at Oval. So I guess this is the road Tim Briggs wants this got rid of so there can be a rat run through the estate?

View attachment 289842

...that’s more Stockwell tbh, and the road is a dead end so not much use as a rat run.

I wonder if Ealing will continue measuring traffic post LTN removal or whether it will be a missed opportunity to see what actually happens, which almost certainly will be no significant drop in traffic on most of the main roads.

It’s interesting to see how these are playing out across councils. Some capitulate almost immediately, some like Ealing later and others like Lambeth seem to keep going. I’m biased as it’s been amazing to see the transformation of Railton from how it was before to now and a lot of the huge jams seem to be around the school run so it still seems that people are not suitably persuaded to ditch the car but will sit in traffic regardless. So I wonder when the tipping point will come? Will it be the ULEZ that is due to be applied in October? Will changes to who can access the modal filters dampen the antis? I suspect not. The current consultation will be key

It’s interesting to see how these are playing out across councils. Some capitulate almost immediately, some like Ealing later and others like Lambeth seem to keep going.

I think a lot of it depends on car ownership eg. inner/outer London & how safe councillors are.

Lambeth having low car ownership and councillors with large majorities mean they feel fairly safe against the pro-car backlash.

I'm trying to work out what the "Boris ❤️ LTNs" stickers are supposed to signify. I saw a couple on Coldharbour Lane.

I'm trying to work out what the "Boris ❤️ LTNs" stickers are supposed to signify. I saw a couple on Coldharbour Lane.

I guess it’s people opposed wanting to tie them in with Johnson who’s supportive. They’re pretty funny and better designed than most of the anti stuff.

Ealing seems to have treated it more as political issue at the council level whereas in Lambeth, Briggs or GLA campaign aside it hasn't really.

Apparently in Oval at least a lot of the local Tories are pro too.

The Lib Dems and Greens haven't really campaigned on it either way.

Seems the revenge for this is to review bomb the London Cycling Campaign, with all kinds of weirdos posting one-star reviews.

View attachment 290322

And I mean - what is the end goal, that people looking for a cycling campaign pick a different one ?

“Oh look, London cycling campaign only have one star on google - I’m going to pick this other cycling campaign”

It’s not like it’s a curry house or a plumber.

Alex

To help you out - some people might have got the impression that you were involved in some sort of google-review action against LCC in response to some sort of google based prank directed at Howard Cox.

Up to you whether you want to say anything about that, but I wonder if you agree with the FairFuelUK position on air pollution?

Climate change denier Cristo getting some serious traction here by stirring up hate against the mayor by failing to point out the threats against him and his need for significant security. Put this with the time he gave significant airtime to lies about a paramedic at a mosque and I think it’s fair to accuse him of Islamaphobia.

To help you out - some people might have got the impression that you were involved in some sort of google-review action against LCC in response to some sort of google based prank directed at Howard Cox.

Up to you whether you want to say anything about that, but I wonder if you agree with the FairFuelUK position on air pollution?

Sorry, I’ve just looked back at the messages as yesterday was manic. I’ve got no idea who Howard Cox is or what he’s done. Whomever that user is, it isn’t me. They got the wrong name but worryingly the photo looks like me so I’ve spoken to Google about it.

On the Fair Fuel piece, it’s the first time I’ve heard of them. I don’t use a car so car usage has rarely been as issue for me. I completely understand that cars are a necessity for some and for that reason as very easy source of income for any government. My view is that anything which creates a sustainable alternative to fossil fuels should be promoted. Ideally, the government should be investing huge amounts in SAF as, in the short term, this is the best way to decarbonise the transport industry whilst we get the Infra around hydrogen sorted out

Sorry, I’ve just looked back at the messages as yesterday was manic. I’ve got no idea who Howard Cox is or what he’s done. Whomever that user is, it isn’t me. They got the wrong name but worryingly the photo looks like me so I’ve spoken to Google about it.

These LCC hackers play a long game!

B69C3A68-E46D-4BF6-93F0-DB706DAC93AD.jpeg

That one is me. Just when fish lounge opened I think. I don’t know about the one above. I don’t use a google email account since I move over into iPhone agaces ago. In any event it’s been reported and I’ve asked google to remove both of these.

It seems pretty unlikely that someone would hack into your existing Google account to leave a 1 star review, with no comment, for a cycling campaigning organisation.

But then it also seems weird that someone would leave that review themselves and then protest that they hadn’t and claim their account had been hacked.

🤷

It seems pretty unlikely that someone would hack into your existing Google account to leave a 1 star review, with no comment, for a cycling campaigning organisation.

But then it also seems weird that someone would leave that review themselves and then protest that they hadn’t and claim their account had been hacked.

🤷
Well quite, given that I’m comfortable being filmed and put on Twitter talking about LTNs this is hardly something I would be concerned about admitting to.

Back
Top Bottom