Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

Couple of better photos of the disabled lady Sofia who One Lambeth are helping to take Lambeth to court over LTNs. The lawyer spoke at the demo about how Lambeth had not consulted people properly over implementation of LTNs.IMG_20210424_143059.jpgIMG_20210424_142644.jpg

Admire Sofia for standing up to Lambeth. Takes a lot to do this. One Lambeth are giving her a lot of support. Also fundraising as it costs a lot to stand up to Lambeth.

UKIP candidate was there as well.

Farah London spoke well. Looked her up. She is economically centre right. On issues of women, race and gay rights socially liberal. She has done a lot of leg work visiting all areas affected by LTNs.

Bailey missed his spot - did Gammons get a turn?View attachment 264739
UKIP candidate was there as well.

Farah London spoke well. Looked her up. She is economically centre right. On issues of women, race and gay rights socially liberal. She has done a lot of leg work visiting all areas affected by LTNs.

But still polling less than Binface and still wouldn’t have any power to change LTNs. And she’s saying that whilst standing next to banners that say the Lambeth Council put in the ltns - is she proposing taking over all councils?

Same applies to Bailey of course.

Last edited:
One Lambeth are helping to raise funds her case and from what I saw giving her a lot of moral support. She seemed pleased with their support.
Not saying she is (I don't know her) but as a broader point - vulnerable/lonely/isolated/excluded people often seem pleased with what they think is support even when actually what it is, is exploitation.
Hope this is not the case here, that's all.

Not saying she is (I don't know her) but as a broader point - vulnerable/lonely/isolated/excluded people often seem pleased with what they think is support even when actually what it is, is exploitation.
Hope this is not the case here, that's all.

Being disabled does not equal being vulnerable /lonely /isolated.

i once lived in Barnet. Have a look at that train wreck. No sane person wants tories in charge. There are barely any libraries left in Barnet. I agree with you about the entitlement of the lambeth lot but i just see us (yes im labour and was all in with corbyn) constantly killing ourselves with purity purges while the tories clean up with corrupt incompetents with great message discipline. Its depressing. And the whole LTN debate seems like a well engineered trap to split the left, no matter how well intentioned some of the antis are. ‘Strategic communications’ at its finest. Khan will be getting my vote.

We here in Lambeth have their former Chief Exec, Andrew "Sleepy" Travers. The man who almost completely Capita-ised Barnet's services.

My impression of the demo is that One Lambeth are composed of local people.

Cllr Briggs is doing his job as a Cllr to represent people's view. He said at demo that people not happy with LTNs might not support his Conservative politics.

There were a lot of locals standing up to say what they think. Small business and residents. Gentrification came up. For some this is another example of how Council is helping to gentrify area. That LTNs are middle class idea. For middle class lycra clad cyclists.

No one wants to compromise. They just want to get rid of all of it.

The judicial review is going to be about equally issue and lack of consultation. It was argued that the only serious consultation was done with a few groups. Lambeth Cyclists being one of them.

A lot of candidates for Mayor turned up. I left at three so only got Shaun Bailey and Farah London. Agree with snowy_again I don't see how if elected Mayor these candidates could get rid of LTNs. As it is for Councils to decide.

Back
Top Bottom