Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

I got election material from the conservative mayoral candidate, Shaun Bailey through the door today. Lots of promises about scrapping the ULEZ extension and congestion charge hike but no mention whatsoever of LTN‘s which I thought was interesting

I got election material from the conservative mayoral candidate, Shaun Bailey through the door today. Lots of promises about scrapping the ULEZ extension and congestion charge hike but no mention whatsoever of LTN‘s which I thought was interesting

It’s not in his gift, is it? They are decided at a local authority level. Not that it hasn’t stopped him making all sorts of promises for things that he has no power over up to now.

It’s not in his gift, is it? They are decided at a local authority level. Not that it hasn’t stopped him making all sorts of promises for things that he has no power over up to now.
Ah I see, can’t understand then why a lot of the high profile anti LTN Twitter mob focus a lot of their ire on the current mayor if it’s a hyper local decision

Ah I see, can’t understand then why a lot of the high profile anti LTN Twitter mob focus a lot of their ire on the current mayor if it’s a hyper local decision

TFL roads come under Khan so some of this is down to Khan.

What I find bizarre is that Tories like Cllr Briggs and the candidate for Mayor are shifting blame for LTNs and alterations to roads to enable social distancing onto the Labour party. When the funding is coming from Tory government.

LTN in particular is funded by central government. Shapps encouraged them.

I have van driver mate blaming all this on Khan.

I do loathe the Tories. Whatever they do they seem to get political mileage out of it.

This whole LTN thing is a political mess and neither Labour Councils or Tories ( central government and local politicians ) are coming out of it well.

This whole LTN thing is a political mess and neither Labour Councils or Tories ( central government and local politicians ) are coming out of it well.

In your opinion - personally I think Lambeth are handling this pretty well. There's a good update below on all the Lambeth schemes:

In your opinion - personally I think Lambeth are handling this pretty well. There's a good update below on all the Lambeth schemes:

that is good that they are providing some form of updates.

Although, typically shambolic approach to their multitude of different websites and page, with updates to all of the LTNs being placed on a streatham hill specific URL.

The way Lambeth does their website, information is scattered all over the place and it's really difficult to track what information was issued when. It's almost possible to find things like reports unless you happen to know part of the title and Google has indexed it, and even then there are dead links everywhere.

Lots more bike storage (but not enough) being installed across the borough this month.

Mostly hangars I think and Lambeth are slowly moving towards realising they need to be more accessible/ inclusive as well as catering for things like cargo bikes.

They’ve got a new 0.5m budget for cycle storage on estates too but that’s been much slower to materialise.

Lots more bike storage (but not enough) being installed across the borough this month.

Mostly hangars I think and Lambeth are slowly moving towards realising they need to be more accessible/ inclusive as well as catering for things like cargo bikes.

They’ve got a new 0.5m budget for cycle storage on estates too but that’s been much slower to materialise.
Just estates? Any idea how to feed into locations? I've requested hangers numerous times over the years for Tunstall Road but always no budget, no room or no response.

Certainly better than nothing but 200 spread across the borough is a drop in the ocean really.

Especially when you consider that a single road like Leander Road probably has going on for 200 car parking spaces on it.

is that it for the whole borough do you know? My ward (Streatham Wells) with some 6,000 households, has ONE bike hangar. Have asked and asked for more.
sorry I don't do twitter or I would look
That’s the whole borough for this month, don’t know if there are plans for more but they do seem to be stepping up on this. Write/email your councillors to ask if there are plans maybe.

In my opinion-well this is an online forum not run by Lambeth Council. So voices that differ from the Council line which you keep posting up will get a say here.

Unlike outlets like this forum and Brixton Buzz ( which I donate to now) my Council tax goes to supporting Lambeth propaganda whether I like it or not.

Those who have concerns about implementation of LTNs or oppose them do not have the resources of central Government or local Councils. Which you appear to be happy with seeing the amount of links you put up.

If it was not for Brixton Buzz and this forum dissenting voices would not get heard.

BTW as you are new here I will make it plain Im not against LTNs. Im against them being imposed without the promised proper consultation.

Last edited:
Even according to Lambeth Council traffic has increased on the street I live on - CHL. Is that ok with you as long as your LTNs are in place?
No, the aim is to decrease traffic across boundary roads as well. My point was that those screenshots don’t show anything in a meaningful way.

You’re super confrontational btw.

Back
Top Bottom