Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

So they do another retrospective planning application or are they required to put back as was and apply again fresh?
If the council ever enforced they would have to put it back. But as we all know Lambeth Council seldom uses enforcement.
The council normally negotiates - as they are now doing - in effect.

If the council ever enforced they would have to put it back. But as we all know Lambeth Council seldom uses enforcement.
The council normally negotiates - as they are now doing - in effect.
I did wonder why it was built so solidly for what was a temporary covid measure. Mind you, it looked like a right dump before,

Sad to say that I don't think the Ton of Brix has lived up to many of its promises. It really feels like a slab of Shoreditch or wherever transported onto Coldharbour Lane with very little interaction with locals - and their pavement hogging is pissing people off too.

1684767817468.png

Some really bad news for Albert regulars. From now on you can expect a return to random early closings, with some Fri/Sat nights now ending at midnight or earlier and some midweek nights finishing by 11pm.

And it fucking sucks.

Some really bad news for Albert regulars. From now on you can expect a return to random early closings, with some Fri/Sat nights now ending at midnight or earlier and some midweek nights finishing by 11pm.

And it fucking sucks.
Not good at all. Do you know why?

If these karaoke nights keep getting busier we might have to switch to weekly instead of fortnightly!

In photos: a boisterous crowd at the Prince Albert Sunday Night karaoke sessions, Sun 23rd July 2023

In photos: a boisterous crowd at the Prince Albert Sunday Night karaoke sessions, Sun 23rd July 2023

The accursed space at 64-68 Atlantic Rd has claimed another victim with Tequila Mockingbird departing. Still, they lasted longer than Dip & Flip. I wish Kaff was still there.

The accursed space at 64-68 Atlantic Rd has claimed another victim with Tequila Mockingbird departing. Still, they lasted longer than Dip & Flip. I wish Kaff was still there.
Kaff used to do a great veggie dish (on a bun I think) but can’t remember what it was. Shame it’s gone.

Kaff used to do a great veggie dish (on a bun I think) but can’t remember what it was. Shame it’s gone.
Kaff was a real community place. Their cakes were made by an old lady across the road, their cocktails were extra-cheap and they put on some fantastic shows. And then their landlords got greedy.

Kaff was a real community place. Their cakes were made by an old lady across the road, their cocktails were extra-cheap and they put on some fantastic shows. And then their landlords got greedy.
Yes I do remember her bringing the cakes in.

I've never had coffee quite as good as the coffee served in Kaff- bloody wonderful....it was like a dose of speed.
Still chasing that 'high' and I think Cafe Max is nearest to it.

Railway up the road in Tulse Hill has gone fully vegan :thumbs:
What, no meat whatsoever on the menu anymore? Thank fuck for The Queen of the South, then...

Back
Top Bottom