Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

I assume its The Albert, it and other Greene King pubs had this offer on last year.

Shows how much they make off a pint of Peroni if they can afford to give you a free one

I assume its The Albert, it and other Greene King pubs had this offer on last year.

Shows how much they make off a pint of Peroni if they can afford to give you a free one
I think it's more a case of trying to get people into the pub and spending money on other stuff later.

The Albert is way cheaper than most pubs in the area (but not the Beehive, natch.

I think it's more a case of trying to get people into the pub and spending money on other stuff later.

The Albert is way cheaper than most pubs in the area (but not the Beehive, natch.
I was talking about Greene King as a whole really, and the profit margins on pints of Peroni, which is normally one of the most expensive lagers.

It's chess night in the Prince Albert tonight. Apparently the last one was an unexpected heap of fun so it might be worth checking out for a bit of a different night!

Great to see the pub doing so well again

In photos: Chess Night at the Prince Albert, Brixton - every Tuesday night, free entry

In photos: Chess Night at the Prince Albert, Brixton - every Tuesday night, free entry

Sintra lease up for sale 😞
It's the trading business that's up for sale - so hopefully someone will take over?

Recently happened to my fave Steve's Cafe on Norwood Road. Previous owner said they were exhausted and needed to slow down. New owners thankfully seem to be keeping it as was with most of the same staff. So far so good! (Although that parade is surely prime for redevelopment).

It's the trading business that's up for sale - so hopefully someone will take over?

Recently happened to my fave Steve's Cafe on Norwood Road. Previous owner said they were exhausted and needed to slow down. New owners thankfully seem to be keeping it as was with most of the same staff. So far so good! (Although that parade is surely prime for redevelopment).
It just had a change of management, though luckily the beer is still cheap, the wine poured generously and some of the best chips in South London. I hope it doesn't change.

The link to the article about job losses seems to be an old one unrelated to brixton
Given the well documented shortage of workers in the hospitality business, I'd be very surprised if workers weren't offered jobs elsewhere.

The Brixton branch closed because it wasn't "even close to financial viability" which is no surprise given that it was a shit, soulless, expensive chain bar with no character or local connection. And with that, the blame of its closure and staff being moved around lies squarely with the bosses, including the one who makes female workers feel uncomfortable.

Given the well documented shortage of workers in the hospitality business, I'd be very surprised if workers weren't offered jobs elsewhere.

The Brixton branch closed because it wasn't "even close to financial viability" which is no surprise given that it was a shit, soulless, expensive chain bar with no character or local connection. And with that, the blame of its closure and staff being moved around lies squarely with the bosses, including the one who makes female workers feel uncomfortable.
Their beer isn’t very good plus is eye watering expensive. Add in the shit atmosphere and marketing bullshit and no wonder they failed. At least they won’t block the pavement anymore with that stupid sign.

The link to the article about job losses seems to be an old one unrelated to brixton
I suppose there can be positives to being made unemployed. I’m a bit sceptical myself…

I wasn't really disputing whether brewdog would be finding them jobs or not, simply that Ed probably wanted to update the link

The sad sight of the Dogstar at midnight tonight...

View attachment 362705
I've got a mate who in around 2005 after many a rum, thought it would be a good idea to do a Northern Soul style knee slide in his new white jeans on that floor. He then stood looking back for approval. You can only image the layers of filth and fag ash that were burnt into the knee are of the new white jeans.

Sunday karaoke night at the Albert turned out to be a heap of fun

337563272_912675866732870_5023108419939351391_n.jpg

what classics were being murdered on the night ?
my main exposure to karaoke was the bulldog bar in lanzarote and you could guarantee at least 3 versions of sinatra's 'new york, new york' a night...increasingly discordant as alcohol intake ramped up, another i remember on lower east side nyc and there were some actual good performers but the accompaniment was a guy on a piano, not some tinny speakkers and a tv screen....(more of an open mic night in fact)

Back
Top Bottom