Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

Most expensive I can see on their site is £29

Their keg beer is well pricey too, all around £6 and up to £21.50.

It's an awful looking place anyway.
Any verdict on the Dogs Grandad? - 2 arches down from Brixton Brewery.
IMHO neither that, nor the Brixton Brewery tap look inviting - but in the summer and in lock-down they did offer outdoor drinking.

I disagree about the Craft Beer place looking naff. It's usually overcrowded though - and the upstairs seems a potential death trap if the building caught fire.

Me too. Not impressed first couple of times. But discovered the leopard something or other and changed my mind!
a couple of their ramens are amazing... I've had some hit and miss nights there, however the ramen always seems to impress

My amazing friend Jo-Jo, who has been cooking food for those without during the pandemic, has started a Supper Club! Next two dates Fri 19 November and Fri 17 December in Loughborough Junction.
She and her volunteer chefs are amazing cooks and I promise you won't be disappointed - food is plant based and full of flavour. And it's all for a good cause 😍
For every two tickets sold, a member of the community (Loughborough Junction/Brixton) is invited as a guest of honour to have their voices heard.
Read more here Cook To Care is hosting a fundraising supper club
Book tickets here Cook to Care Supper Club!

There's a lot of Brixton lunch I like and not super unhealthy but none of it cheap so only as treats. Watching to see what others come up with.

Now I'm back working in Brixton sometimes, I'm on the lookout again for nice (ie healthy and inexpensive) lunches. Suggestions?
Not sure about healthiness but Rancho De Lalo and santafereno are both great lunch spots.

Maybe one of the vegan ethiopian places?

Soup from the Morrocan Cafe on station Road

Big ol' sandwich or roll from Fuchal Bakery (not sure about healthy is it but their omelette baps are huge)

Orrical juice bar/ Ital take away in Brixton Villge for soup, salad and sandwiches.

If you have some prep & storage space, grab bread and fillings, or a ready meal, from Iceland.

Seeing as San Marino was rammed, I bought a coffee at Federation for the first time in years. £3.10 for an extremely average Americano. Won't be back again!

Oh and they shut at 2pm so I gotta drink fast.

Not sure, but if even Starbucks threw in the towel with 32 million potential customers walking past it into the tube per year, then good luck to the next person who takes it on.
Having just seen the queue in the Pret a few doors down, feel it could be an absolute gold mine for someone.
Hadn't realised the need for sandwiches/coffee was so great in Brixton.

Does anyone know what happened to that bird place on electric avenue? I feel like its been shut for months but no sign of anything new going there.

If you are/were worried about El Rancho de Lalo disappearing from Brixton Market/Village - fear not - they've got a brand spanking new larger premises now, just behind/beside the Town Hall on Buckner Road. Already open and serving or so they told me today. Menu looks a hair more expensive and with slightly fewer options than before, but still offering plenty of ways to fill up for under £8 and vast set meals which would feed 2 or 3 people comfortably for £16-18. It's all pretty meat heavy but you already knew that. Some good weekday lunch offers too. Open 0900 onwards, not sure how late though. I'll be checking it out soon.

If you are/were worried about El Rancho de Lalo disappearing from Brixton Market/Village - fear not - they've got a brand spanking new larger premises now, just behind/beside the Town Hall on Buckner Road. Already open and serving or so they told me today. Menu looks a hair more expensive and with slightly fewer options than before, but still offering plenty of ways to fill up for under £8 and vast set meals which would feed 2 or 3 people comfortably for £16-18. It's all pretty meat heavy but you already knew that. Some good weekday lunch offers too. Open 0900 onwards, not sure how late though. I'll be checking it out soon.
Thanks for this.
Really good news.

Assuming from the address of "The Press" at 1 Buckner Road that they must be in the single storey building that was previously Lambeth Council's in-house reprographics department?

Back
Top Bottom