Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

Apologies I didn’t see JAMM mentioned in the article or the planning, does this mean they’re gonna be tenants to a NY hedge fund ?
My - evidence free - take on it is that Taylor McFuckwit fancied turning the 414 into an all-night club for him and his posh DJ pals and rich followers (some research revealed him bemoaning the lack of venues in Chelsea and how he wanted to branch out - and what could be better than trendy, £7 a pint Brixton?).

I'm guessing all that got scuppered after the mighty kickback from the Nour campaign which ended up with him deleting all the social media profiles of his sexist Housekeeping Toff DJ Collective.

Because he's not an idiot, inviting a long established Brixton venue such as Jamm to rent the premises makes sense on a lot of levels, and is quite possibly the best possible outcome (short of reinstating the actual 414 which is never going to happen, sadly).

Jamm invited me to add my input into what form the new venue might take and I'm happy to say they took up all my suggestions, including this one:

We will have offers for discounted food and drinks periods based for people living in Brixton postcodes SW2, SW9, SE5 and SE24. There will be free entry to local hospitality workers on the door after their shifts and discounts on the bar.

Read more here: Exclusive: Brixton Jamm and Percolate reveal their plans for a new club at 414 Coldharbour Lane, Brixton

My - evidence free - take on it is that Taylor McFuckwit fancied turning the 414 into an all-night club for him and his posh DJ pals and rich followers (some research revealed him bemoaning the lack of venues in Chelsea and how he wanted to branch out - and what could be better than trendy, £7 a pint Brixton?).

I'm guessing all that got scuppered after the mighty kickback from the Nour campaign which ended up with him deleting all the social media profiles of his sexist Housekeeping Toff DJ Collective.

Because he's not an idiot, inviting a long established Brixton venue such as Jamm to rent the premises makes sense on a lot of levels, and is quite possibly the best possible outcome (short of reinstating the actual 414 which is never going to happen, sadly).

Jamm invited me to add my input into what form the new venue might take and I'm happy to say they took up all my suggestions, including this one:

Read more here: Exclusive: Brixton Jamm and Percolate reveal their plans for a new club at 414 Coldharbour Lane, Brixton

OK thank u for that impartial summary of events but I guess that they are still tenants to the NYC hedge fund whose name is on the planning application, and who I would guess are paying for the soundproofing,don’t wanna sound negative but there’s plenty of wiggle room in the 5months mentioned. In passing Jamm provided me with a vivid picture of Brixton life when the pubs and bars were reopening, behind the screen a throng of gilded youth enjoying a brunch booze up while local youth looked on from a stairway in angel town...

Lambeth council has received an application for a revised licence for the former Club 414 on Brixton’s Coldharbour Lane.

Please could somebody tell me why would Coldharbour APL Limited and AG Hondo Market Row BV Limited make their Pre–Licence Application as well as their Variation Application to Lambeth Licencing under the trading name as 'Club 414', who no longer occupies the premises rather than the trading name that will be used, which is ‘The Ton of Brix’?

Lambeth council has received an application for a revised licence for the former Club 414 on Brixton’s Coldharbour Lane.

Please could somebody tell me why would Coldharbour APL Limited and AG Hondo Market Row BV Limited make their Pre–Licence Application as well as their Variation Application to Lambeth Licencing under the trading name as 'Club 414', who no longer occupies the premises rather than the trading name that will be used, which is ‘The Ton of Brix’?
I think it might just be laziness. If you look at their other planning documents, the name changes all the time from Club 414, to Club 414-416 and several variants thereof.

As far as I know they definitely won't be opening as Club 414 but it would please me greatly that if they did, there was some obscure law that forced them to hand back ownership to the REAL Club 414.

Well, one can dream....

I think the previous operators would have good reason to be mightily pissed off at the new owners using the 414 branding even if just in a lazy or thoughtless way.

"I think it might just be laziness. If you look at their other planning documents, the name changes all the time from Club 414, to Club 414-416 and several variants thereof".

There is no excuse for the name Club 414 to be used at all, to add the number 416, to make it different, is unacceptable.

I think the previous operators would have good reason to be mightily pissed off at the new owners using the 414 branding even if just in a lazy or thoughtless way.

To have arranged to change the registered address to AG Hondo Market Row BV with the address in Amsterdam along with the DPS name changed we cannot understand why our brand and business trading name having been left unaltered, when our business no longer occupies the premises.

To have arranged to change the registered address to AG Hondo Market Row BV with the address in Amsterdam along with the DPS name changed we cannot understand why our brand and business trading name having been left unaltered, when our business no longer occupies the premises.

I didn’t realise you are the ‘previous operator’, what the new proprietors are doing with the brand you built and nurtured is bang out of order, no doubt they will try and weave the legendary status into the new business model....fkin chancers 😡

"I think it might just be laziness. If you look at their other planning documents, the name changes all the time from Club 414, to Club 414-416 and several variants thereof".

There is no excuse for the name Club 414 to be used at all, to add the number 416, to make it different, is unacceptable.
Oh I agree. They're a total bunch of fuckheads. Fuck Hondo and Taylor McLoaded.

Incidentally, his DJ collective put out an incredibly sexist video a while back but then pulled it off the web before it could attract too much heat.

Good job I kept a back up copy. Never know when that might come in useful. :D

He’s expressing prices in exactly the same way you do.
At least he's not making up daft prices and stupid claims about 'favourite' bars, I guess.

But you two feel free to keep going on and on and on about my opinion about a restaurant which I believe is going for a more upmarket crowd than its previous incarnation.

At least he's not making up daft prices and stupid claims about 'favourite' bars, I guess.

But you two feel free to keep going on and on and on about my opinion about a restaurant which I believe is going for a more upmarket crowd than its previous incarnation.
Thanks. I’ll leave Alex to his own thing. I do try to keep away from the personal stuff.

Can’t resist a cheap gag sometimes though!

PS. I don’t disagree with you about Karakana being fancier than Market House. That much is clear. It’s a different conversation though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom