Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

Back to Curry Paradise tonight for the first time in a while. Let's hope the Chef's Special is still special
I've yet to give that one a go - has it been better than the mighty Khans?

The pizza place nearby has got more expensive recently but the pizzas are really excellent - certainly better than Mama Dough

I totally understand why some women will choose to avoid public transport at night though.
Agreed. Its the 4 people piling out of an taxi when there are several buses or a tube that will take you to the destination, even if it means a 5 minute walk at the end of it, that I just cannot comprehend. Particularly, in the case of Uber, the money goes to a shady company that funnel the money offshore and the last time I checked dont even have the decency to class the people who drive the taxis as workers.

Agreed. Its the 4 people piling out of an taxi when there are several buses or a tube that will take you to the destination, even if it means a 5 minute walk at the end of it, that I just cannot comprehend. Particularly, in the case of Uber, the money goes to a shady company that funnel the money offshore and the last time I checked dont even have the decency to class the people who drive the taxis as workers.
My guess would be that some people have a pre-party around someone's house and then pile into the cab to go straight to the bar/club with little interaction with the rest of Brixton.

My guess would be that some people have a pre-party around someone's house and then pile into the cab to go straight to the bar/club with little interaction with the rest of Brixton.

Brixton is a hotspot for bars and pubs so people come from far and wide area to enjoy its wonders, don’t think there’s an unwritten law saying they have to interact with anyone before reaching the venue, from a personal point of view this interaction would not worry me but there’s enough dubious characters in town that are intimidating to young women of our lasses age group, she’s quite streetwise she encountered her first aggressive beggar at about 13 and her first sex pest ( on a bus) about a year later...but other people have led a more sheltered existence.

Be so much easier if you had just stated the price in the first place. I've still no idea how much it cost. Oh well.

Mind you, it is quite strange to see an outspoken poster like you being so coy and obtuse all of a sudden.

😂
It's none of your fucking business how much it cost really is it?
No doubt if Top cat had told you how much it was (as her 'treat') you'd have something less than positive to say or spun it to support some petty agenda you have?

I may well be wrong but i think its more the folk who live in London, and usually not that far away, who tend to get cabs into Brixton. I just dont get why, for example, a group of people in their 20s who are in Balham, cant even be fucked to wander down to the tube station or bus stop and get a tube/bus over to Brixton for much cheaper, and feel the need to get a taxi. I always thought part of the fun of a night our was figuring this out and having a can of beer along the way. Im only in my mid 30s but perhaps im in danger of being outdated these days!

I've yet to give that one a go - has it been better than the mighty Khans?

The pizza place nearby has got more expensive recently but the pizzas are really excellent - certainly better than Mama Dough

I like Curry Paradise but it's been so long since I had curry regularly I'm not really able to judge.

It's none of your fucking business how much it cost really is it?
This is a thread about new restaurants and bars so it's entirely reasonable to ask how much someone paid at a restaurant if they've just posted about it.

No doubt if Top cat had told you how much it was (as her 'treat') you'd have something less than positive to say or spun it to support some petty agenda you have?
Oh now that's priceless 😂

PS I've already commented positively on what was quoted as a probable price for the meal, but don't let that get in the way of your gobbiness.

And back to the actual topic of the thread, I caught a glimpse of what looked like a rather swishy coffee place an arch or two down from Brixton Brewery on Station Road.

Anyone know anything about it?

And back to the actual topic of the thread, I caught a glimpse of what looked like a rather swishy coffee place an arch or two down from Brixton Brewery on Station Road.

Anyone know anything about it?
Been there for ages, at least 5 years. Started as a repair and service place for Londons many coffee machines. Guess they are just trying to expand.

I still wish Brixton had a chippy.
It still does: Jimmy's Plaice on Coldharbour Lane. And they're excellent value. They've been here for at least 15 years so I'm surprised that you've never seen them before!

Also Buzz award winners 2018!

Chip shop opposite white horse on the hill is very good

£7-95 fish and chips iirc (because we know how much price means to people on this thread )
...that’s a very good price tbh, last chippy I had was near enough £12 at the windmill in kennington which trades on its rep as a cabbies favourite. Personally I would avoid chip shops out side peak hours or you might end up with soggy chips and batter and dried up fish....

Last edited:
I used to be in Ferndale ward but apparently now in the new Brixton Acre Lane ward.

Ferndale was an odd one, I remember when I lived there and saw a ward map for the first time and it ran from Max Roach Park on Brixton Road to Clapham High Street.

The new ward seems a little more coherent

Ferndale was an odd one, I remember when I lived there and saw a ward map for the first time and it ran from Max Roach Park on Brixton Road to Clapham High Street.

The new ward seems a little more coherent
Probably true but I have an SW4 (Clapham) postcode but am now in a Brixton ward 🤔

Back
Top Bottom