Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

I went to Three Little Birds about 5 or 6 years ago and thought it was upmarket then. A small Red Stripe was over a fiver.

“I am excited to serve small plates..."

I don't share this persons excitement. Who gets excited about having to spend more money on a smaller dinner?

Pleased to see the drinks will be 'curated' though :hmm:

I went to Three Little Birds about 5 or 6 years ago and thought it was upmarket then. A small Red Stripe was over a fiver.

“I am excited to serve small plates..."

I don't share this persons excitement. Who gets excited about having to spend more money on a smaller dinner?

Pleased to see the drinks will be 'curated' though :hmm:
Some comments from the Buzz FB feed don't share the excitement either:

Brixton is such a bad food scene.... the only decent restaurant Kamome (ex Curry Ono) has actually shut down. Am afraid it’s one big Real Estate hustle, hope you got some cut Jay Rayner because your BS started it
There were other decent restaurant at the start of Brixton Market (Cornercopia and Thai next to Kamome for
Example ) by they shut one by one while shit places like MamaLan were turned into chains

New ‘tings opp Lidl is a next level Caribbean place. Amazing selection of food. Loads of fresh fish. Great service and affordable.
Judging by the amount of cars that every lunchtime and early evening double park outside it so they are parked on Acre Lane itself blocking buses, traffic and sometimes emergency services vehicles, its very popular indeed. I have only ever gone a couple of times when it was quieter and the service is noticeably better than True Flavours.

Makeover for the Three little birds is to cater for the soon to be flowing Brixton House crowd.
Expect to see a lot more of that

....that’s interesting, is your comment based on inside information or a premonition ?

( and do you mean the theatre or the private members club ?)

My mistake. What's your opinion on the comments?
...well it looks like the person who wrote them gets to eat out a fair bit more than I do so is able to make grandiose statements saying the offering is mostly shit in Brixton (without even mentioning the one in question ) so a bit negative and opinionated, maybe chasing likes or an #edgelord.....he also takes a pop at Jay Rayner who we’re not allowed to talk about on this thread so I’m not gonna pursue that.....

(edit....the real estate part deserves deeper examination tho’ )

Last edited:
That's totally meaningless. Why can't you just say how much it cost so people can have an idea how much the place cost?
As a newcomer to this forum, seems like any meal over 20 quid here gets lambasted for being 'too expensive', meanwhile people are more than happy to spent 40 quid on any number of other things (drinks, live music, etc etc) so I think i point is being made about that probably.

As a newcomer to this forum, seems like any meal over 20 quid here gets lambasted for being 'too expensive', meanwhile people are more than happy to spent 40 quid on any number of other things (drinks, live music, etc etc) so I think i point is being made about that probably.
As much as I appreciate you joining in with your opinion, I was simply asking another poster how much his meal cost. Seems a reasonable question to me.

I'm guessing that a pair of gig tickets can set one back anywhere between £10 and £500.
Broadly similar to the variance in the cost of a meal out

(let's ignore that silly steak place - because silly )

As much as I appreciate you joining in with your opinion, I was simply asking another poster how much his meal cost. Seems a reasonable question to me.

Do you want the price relative to 7.20 guinesses at your favoured Irish bar ?

Last edited:
Do you want the price relative to 7.20 guinesses at your favoured Irish bar ?
My 'favoured Irish bar' is actually in Camberwell, I don't drink Guinness and I've no idea why you've decided to pipe up with some irrelevant personal garbage. .

225 cans of Lidl beans.
Why are you so reluctant to just plainly state how much you paid so people might have an idea of how expensive or inexpensive the place is?

I'm guessing that a pair of gig tickets can set one back anywhere between £10 and £500.
Broadly similar to the variance in the cost of a meal out

(let's ignore that silly steak place - because silly )
There's plenty of gigs around for a fiver or cheaper, too.

It'll be The Laundry who will benefit most from the theatre's opening.
You'lll need to walk past quite a few places to get to said theatre if you're coming in by tube.
Either from top of Coldharbour or Atlantic road.
Some decent marketing and I can't see it being that difficult to get a pre-theatre crowd in for drinks or a two course meal for placees other than the Laundry. Yes - you won't get a much better location granted, but the options are bland and over priced. But with a little research before your trip you can certainly find better.
I expect somewhere like Nanban (just as an example) to do well when BH opens.

Back
Top Bottom