Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My haggis is stuck 200 miles away at the moment anyway. And although I did consider sharing it with that cheeky pedantic scamp up there /\ /\ /\, I remembered that I promised someone else haggis neeps and tatties as she keeps missing out in the Burns night season.

There'll be some still there tomorrow. There were about eight big boxes containing quite a few packs each.

Is this the poundland on the high street?

I wonder if there are any left. I've just realised that the British Gas man has stolen one of mine.

when i went through brixton tonight there was an icecream van outside KFC with a screen on top showing a film...

I too saw the icecream van showing a film last night but was hurrying through after being asked if I wanted skunk as normal. Slightly more aggressive than usual - great to see the latest policing initatives failing to work.

Oh there was a serious flat fire on St Matthews Rd tonight but thankfully everyone got out ok

Oh there was a serious flat fire on St Matthews Rd tonight but thankfully everyone got out ok[/QUOTE]

T'was my block. Came home to find lots of firefighter action and families leaving with stuff in suitcases :-( There's a strong burning smell hanging in the air this morning. Very glad everyone is ok.

Grr. Biffa / Curry's bin men at 5.41 am again this morning.
This vehicle is reversing

Grr. Biffa / Curry's bin men at 5.41 am again this morning.

*thinks of the sound of smashing bottles as they empty glass ecycling bins* :mad:

Hmm, the brixton branch is letting their phone ring for five minutes, and then picking it up and hanging up instantly.
Fortunately I'm at work and have redial. Revenge.

So at 11am or so I pop out to get a couple of pints of milk and some cigs, being a "sensible" sort of chap I check the state of my bank account with the ATM by the launderette on Brixton Road. It eats the card. It won't give it back. So I go home and phone the number printed on the machine. They don't return cards to customers, so I have to go to my bank to get a replacement.

So I have a cup of coffee and roll up the contents of some dog ends, and then phone the bank. Can't issue a card over the phone, and I have to request a new card from the local branch. So I spend nigh on an hour queuing to see a cashier to get some dosh, and then another half hour in order to be told that I can only get the card reissued by going to my own branch. So I get the rest of the shopping and go home. By now it is 4.30pm. If I'd not bothered to check my balance I'd have been back in 15 minutes max.

The moral of this story is, life's too short, just fucking spend spend spend.

Drama round New Park Road right now. Neighbour reports hearing something that sounded like a gunshot at about 11.05pm, police van now blocking NPR on junction with Doverfield Road/Telegraph Passage, and blue police tape across road. Not sure what's happening at Brixton Hill end. Police helicopter been hovering round for about 20 minutes. So much for an early night.

Drama round New Park Road right now. Neighbour reports hearing something that sounded like a gunshot at about 11.05pm, police van now blocking NPR on junction with Doverfield Road/Telegraph Passage, and blue police tape across road. Not sure what's happening at Brixton Hill end. Police helicopter been hovering round for about 20 minutes. So much for an early night.

helicopter's just gone over and sounded very low :mad:

Seems like a "suspected" firearms incident at the top end of Felsberg Road. Armed police at the junction of Felsberg and New Park Roads, and lots of activity - including that bloody helicopter.

Seems like a "suspected" firearms incident at the top end of Felsberg Road. Armed police at the junction of Felsberg and New Park Roads, and lots of activity - including that bloody helicopter.

yeah, I can still hear it. Wish it'd buzz off

Just spoke to the copper at this end, apparently it was about 11.05pm (just before I got home actually) so it could be a little while yet. Sorry. I've shut my windows too but can still hear it.

Drove past there 15 minutes ago; junction of NPR and Brixton Hill blocked off with tape and about for vehicles with flashing blue lights. Think one was an ambulance but i couldn't see properly - it was like driving through a strobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom