Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was all gone and clear when I woke up this morning, so no idea sorry. Don't know if any 'yellow signs' have appeared during the day.

Just spoke to a local shopkeeper who said he heard 5 shots being fired, apparently it was a police car chasing a vehicle which decided to fire on the police car.

I'm not 100% sure exactly why they taped off that bit of road though.

There was something in the London Paper about a body of a 24 year old turning up in Tulse Hill. Seperatly, five people were hospitalised in robberies in Clapham and Battersea yesterdaym which would explain the police being everywhere

There were armed police with sniffer dogs checking everybody going into Balham tube at lunchtime. It had the feel of a planned operation rather than a Betty's Mad Dash. Perhaps they were looking for people with gunshot residue on 'em.

I live on New Park Road. I've come home from work and there's a leaflet through my door from Operation Trident asking if I have any information on the 'shooting incident' which happened on Felsberg Road on 2 Sept at 'about 10.50pm'.

I don't have any info unfortunately. I went to bed at 10.30pm last night and was woken at 11.30pm by the blue lights and the helicopter. I completely missed the bit in the middle owing to being sparko.

I live on New Park Road. I've come home from work and there's a leaflet through my door from Operation Trident asking if I have any information on the 'shooting incident' which happened on Felsberg Road on 2 Sept at 'about 10.50pm'.

I don't have any info unfortunately. I went to bed at 10.30pm last night and was woken at 11.30pm by the blue lights and the helicopter. I completely missed the bit in the middle owing to being sparko.

how irresponsible of you :mad:

I didn't get a leaflet :(

My train home was 20 minutes late last night, so I got home at 11.10pm ... lucky escape by the sound of it.

Gosh, ajdown's train was late! :eek:
I say! How late exactly?
Twenty minutes!
Well I never, I must note that for future reference.
Do! Then we can add up all the delays for the month and find out how much of his valuable time has been wasted!

Anyone else noticed how he persists in the belief that the minutiae of his tedious life (especially his travel arrangements) are of interest to a bunch of strangers? The only explanation I can think of is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder.

I was simply making the point that, if it hadn't been for the delay on the train (which at the time was frustrating), I could have been walking along New Park Road at exactly the moment that the shots were being fired from the car being pursued.

I'm sure you'd rather not have been in an area where shots were being fired, too.

Quit the amateur psychology, and don't give up your day job.

I was simply making the point that, if it hadn't been for the delay on the train (which at the time was frustrating), I could have been walking along New Park Road at exactly the moment that the shots were being fired from the car being pursued.

I'm sure you'd rather not have been in an area where shots were being fired, too.

Quit the amateur psychology, and don't give up your day job.

Hee hee 1-0

Maybe this thread should be renamed Brixton Hill Chitter Chatter..we like minutaie here don't we Minnie? Quimcunx?:D

Don't be mean to aj. It was a perfectly valid post on what is after all a chitter chatter thread.

*sends nick h to the naughty corner for being mean*

The air ambulance has just landed somewhere near Brixton Hill / Josephine Ave... not sure what's going on, but am chained to the computer at the moment so cannot investigate.

The air ambulance has just landed somewhere near Brixton Hill / Josephine Ave... not sure what's going on, but am chained to the computer at the moment so cannot investigate.

It landed in Windmill Park. Didn't see anyone being taken into the park but they could have brought them through the waterworks.

ETa..I think Mrs M has a link to some site that tells when stuff like that happens and why. Or maybe then again it might be just the Fire Brigade.

Gosh, ajdown's train was late! :eek:
I say! How late exactly?
Twenty minutes!
Well I never, I must note that for future reference.
Do! Then we can add up all the delays for the month and find out how much of his valuable time has been wasted!

Anyone else noticed how he persists in the belief that the minutiae of his tedious life (especially his travel arrangements) are of interest to a bunch of strangers? The only explanation I can think of is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder.

Why act like such an arsehole :rolleyes:

I'm sure with a pretty quick search it wouldn't take long to reveal some pretty tedious posts about the banalities of your life. :p

Has the Aj backlash-backlash begun?

It is on this thread. He's a valuable source of info on transport, why police have roads sealed off, nice food in the area and so on. I never really encounter him elsewhere as he rarely crops up in sport or music (the only other two forums I ever really look at).

It is on this thread. He's a valuable source of info on transport, why police have roads sealed off, nice food in the area and so on. I never really encounter him elsewhere as he rarely crops up in sport or music (the only other two forums I ever really look at).

I have little to no interest in sport (until naked female mud wrestling is regularly featured on Grandstand), and my music tastes tends to be fairly "odd" so I don't bother visiting there much.

I always try and respond to the post in an appropriate manner, rather than in a manner befitting my opinion of the poster, regardless of the subject or the content of their post.

It landed in Windmill Park. Didn't see anyone being taken into the park but they could have brought them through the waterworks.

ETa..I think Mrs M has a link to some site that tells when stuff like that happens and why. Or maybe then again it might be just the Fire Brigade.

Cheers. It seemed to be down for quite a while. Maybe it was having a rest.

Cheers. It seemed to be down for quite a while. Maybe it was having a rest.

Guv of the pub said the paramedics went up Brixton Hill so it could have been the prison, but wouldn't they have a helipad there?

I know when they've had escapes, helicopters have been used, but maybe they hovered rather than landed? :hmm:

Rail maintenance work going on on the high level railway bridge over the high street; just came through on a bus and noticed a road/rail JCB sitting up there doing something.

So, the council called me about the noise complaint.

Apparently there's legally nothing they can do, but they're going to go round to Curry's and speak to them.

A task I wouldn't really wish on anyone, although I didn't notice any noise this morning.

Oh and a fair few Urb types were spotted at a rock'n'roll wedding over the weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom