Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its the autumnal windy weather then, there just seemed to be one car after the other going from Brixton towards Streatham with its siren on.

Oh and I did see a marked police car get all four wheels off the ground ,driving over the speed bump / zebra crossing on Acre Lane last night.

Went past Brixton Police Station yesterday,Gresham Road side.
Noticed that the containers,decorated with odd ramblings,
with plants/flowers in them had been whitewashed.:(

I saw the man who looks after them,watering the plants in the rain :confused:
Didn't feel able to stop and ask him about it.

(I have looked for a thread about them,no joy but i am sure Editor recently posted some pics of them,can't find them either.)

Anyway yesterday was rubbish and this discovery added to it ever so slightly :(

It's a little bizarre at the moment Gaijingirl - looks half stocked, but then it only opened at the end of last week. Not much stock in there at the moment. Missing a massive market not catering for the velodrome clientele too.

Other curtain twitching comments:

When did the SWS film processing place open up on Atlantic Road? Has anyone tried it yet?
Oh and St Francis is having a refit.

(I have looked for a thread about them,no joy but i am sure Editor recently posted some pics of them,can't find them either.)
It's here:
http://www.urban75.org/brixton/photos/plants-police-station.html

plants-police-station-02.jpg

plants-police-station-16.jpg

Thanks,Editor.
Hopefully new words of wisdom will appear on the whitewashed boxes.
Some of which had impressive tomato plants in them :)

(His van is decorated with the same type of stuff.)

Oh and St Francis is having a refit.

I have been wondering what is going on there. I stopped seing the guy who originally ran it a couple of months ago (and in my view the quality seemed to go down). A few weeks ago it seemed to shut and had a notice up about it being closed due to flooding. There then has been a bit of activity over the past week.

This morning when I went past there was a sign up about it reopening this weekend. It it had a different name (can't remenber what but something like la luna) but said it would have the same pizza and pasta.

Can anyone shed any light?

I really like the massive windows in the flat over St Francis. I'd like to live in that flat (but would need a dressing gown).

They've got massive net curtains, so I'm sure your modesty might be intact!

Didn't the signs say that they were closed as part of the general flood prevention stuff that's going on around those streets? If so, I'd imagine, along with having the month of August off, the financial compensation might be ok.

Oh and just saw a busker being moved on from outside KFC.

Just came past St Francis. It is re-opening this weekend as LaLupa. I assume they'll keep the picture of the sainted wolf as the logo....

Anyway, there is an invitation in the window to the opening party on Saturday 19th.

They've got massive net curtains, so I'm sure your modesty might be intact!

Didn't the signs say that they were closed as part of the general flood prevention stuff that's going on around those streets? If so, I'd imagine, along with having the month of August off, the financial compensation might be ok.

Oh and just saw a busker being moved on from outside KFC.

I think they closed after that happened. I think the sign said something about closing due to flood damage. I just thought it seemed a bit odd as the people in there had been different just before hand and the atmosphere didn't seem the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom