Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Brixton Hillers save me making a new thread and tell me whether they still hire out floor sanders in the garage next to the fridge shop?

Can Brixton Hillers save me making a new thread and tell me whether they still hire out floor sanders in the garage next to the fridge shop?
PM Minnie; she'll be walking past there tonight at about 8pm as habit dictates. Or PM ajdown; he can have a look out the bus window.

Could try this number in the meantime

0207 274 2656
41 Acre Lane, Brixton
Diamond Hire London : Lagler floor sanding machines for hire, also hand & power tools - including hand held sanders - for hire / sale in our shop
  • building construction
  • -
  • housing construction
  • -
  • house for sale
  • -
  • Property Hire

So, just coming back from an impromptu drink or 4 in the albert. the southbound side of the high street is down to one lane as BT dig up the road. The northbound bus stop is half full with two parked cars, one of which has blown a tire so they're changing to the spare wheel. Oh! And now BT have broken the water main! And it's flooding the gutter that they're trying to change a wheel in! And the buses pulling into the bus stops are spraying the waiting people with water!

I wish we'd implemented the facepalm smilie.

The restaurant at the back of The Gallery up Brixton Hill is now open every day instead of just Thur-Sun.

Sorry Minnie :oops: thank you Minnie :oops:

Sorry Pip. I went straight home tonight so missed walking past. Did you try the other number (the one in Acre Lane)?

However, I found this from the Petrol Station Fire thread, a number is listed for Solid Oak Flooring that you may be able to try. They might know the sander people

DSC_1331.jpg

A bit of helicopter action above Halfords at 9 am. Turns out the police were busting a weed factory in Dalberg Road four doors from me and the helicopter was waiting for the tenants to leg it over the garden wall into the Currys/Halfords loading bay. But they were arrested in the house - nothing for the helicopter to chase. :( Having said that, it was the helicopter that detected the weed factory some time ago with an infra-red camera.

Ossifers are still in there with all the plants. The parking wardens are ticketing all the unmarked cars.

A bit of helicopter action above Halfords at 9 am. Turns out the police were busting a weed factory in Dalberg Road four doors from me and the helicopter was waiting for the tenants to leg it over the garden wall into the Currys/Halfords loading bay. But they were arrested in the house - nothing for the helicopter to chase. :( Having said that, it was the helicopter that detected the weed factory some time ago with an infra-red camera.

Ossifers are still in there with all the plants. The parking wardens are ticketing all the unmarked cars.

I wondered what that was, came on here and nobody had posted - until now :D

I went in the shop beside Paulo'z Way last night and the man gave me 70p because he'd overcharged me last time I was in.

Good man.

Got off the train at Brixton station about 7.30pm, to The Specials "Ghost Town" blaring out loudly from somewhere, which was nice.

That reminds me, there's still a peculiar Michael Jackson memorial on the first garage on Barnwell Road... wreaths, pictures and flowers.

Is there anywhere Brixton-y where I can buy paint (for my front door) on a Sunday? No car but happy to leap on a bus.

McKays on New Park Road will deffo sell paint. Sometimes they're open on Sunday, sometimes they're not - it's a bit erratic tbh. But you could give them a ring - see if they're open? 0208 674 1057

Blissets, another excellent independent hardware store, are on Brixton Road down towards Oval. Again, not sure if they're open on Sundays but their details are here if you want to give them a ring: http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1101/15325.php

Is there anywhere Brixton-y where I can buy paint (for my front door) on a Sunday? No car but happy to leap on a bus.

Decorator's Mate on Streatham Hill, place in New Park Road, another decorator's place in Acre Lane

(ignore, didn't notice you mentioned Sunday)

Shoe Zone has signs up announcing a buy one get one free offer. I find this a little confusing since I've only ever bought shoes that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom