Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British woman has her holiday to Benidorm ruined "because her hotel had 'too many Spanish people"

editor

hiraethified
Brits abroad, eh?

A British woman has claimed her holiday to Benidorm was ruined because her hotel had 'too many Spaniards in it'

Freda Jackson, 81, said that Spanish people should go somewhere else for their holidays and she cried at the end of her two-week trip.

The pensioner, who suffers from mobility issues, says her accommodation was teeming with 'rude' native Spaniards - who nearly knocked her over on one occasion.

Retired care assistant Freda said: "The hotel was full of Spanish holidaymakers and they really got on our nerves because they were just so rude.

"One evening a Spanish guy nearly knocked me flying and he just walked off without even apologising.

"The entertainment in the hotel was all focused and catered for the Spanish - why can't the Spanish go somewhere else for their holidays?"

British woman, 81, claims Benidorm holiday was ruined by too many Spanish people

That said, she has a fair point about being put in the wrong flat.

Brits abroad, eh?

Not all Brits abroad are like this.

The only time the wife and I have been to Spain (Majorca/Mallorca) we were appalled at the wall-to-wall "English" and "German" pubs/eateries everywhere. We asked the hotel staff where we could find traditional Majorcan food. They were surprised and delighted a tourist would be interested and directed us to some cracking little places where we had some really enjoyable evenings and got to eat some lovely food. No chips. No burgers. No lager.

I don't recall this appearing in any newspapers.

Last edited:
I did a holiday in Spain two years ago and the hotel was 90% full of American missionaries on some kind of meet-up/training thing. Took us a few days to figure out what was going on (not the austere stereotypes, young and some quite hippyish, off to do voluntary stuff with refugees). Actually quite positive because they didn’t use the facilities very much, pool and gym near enough empty, and they’d all piss off half way through the breakfast sitting for a prayer meet meaning no queues at the serveries. Would recommend!

She’s 81 expecting a hotel full of English tourists in Benidorm is not a big ask really.
Although some English tourists behave like complete area holes abroad.

I did once tell a party of lads to tone it down in Cyprus.

And then took myself off to have a good long look at my life when a squaddie tells you to behave you know your out of order.

Sounds like she had a shit holiday mis-sold to her by a holiday company, and some poorly phrased sentences in the complaint letter are being used to humiliate her in a national newspaper.

She obviously colluded with the journalist and I should imagine got a nice pile of cash.
Freda Jackson, 81, said that Spanish people should go somewhere else for their holidays

Pretty damming !

Jesus ! And I thought I was paranoid .

She claims that one of her biggest disappointments with the holiday was the ‘rudeness’ of other Spanish holidaymakers and the lack of entertainment catered towards British tourists, such as English tribute acts.

The former care assistant, who was born in Whalley, said: “The hotel was full of Spanish holidaymakers and they really got on our nerves because they were just so rude.

Is it ok to be racist if your an OAP who just does not know better ?

Grandma, 81, hits out at Thomas Cook for 'disaster' Benidorm holiday | Lancashire Telegraph

Last edited:
Those quote are in the Mirror article he didn't read too.

The point of me posting the link to the original story was to show that this is not a Mirror story.
Your now going to unearth an international conspiracy to bully racist pensioners ?

The point of me posting the link to the original story was to show that this is not a Mirror story.
Your now going to unearth an international conspiracy to bully racist pensioners ?
soz what was the point of this not being initially a mirror story? is there some significance to this?

This is a shit way to treat an elderly customer:
Thomas Cook had changed the date of their holiday, back in July 2017, without informing the two friends. They only found out their flights had been moved to a day in advance when they visited the former Blackburn Thomas Cook, on King William Street, to pick up their tickets less than a week before the start of the holiday.

Back
Top Bottom