Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brian Paddick

bluestreak said:
Brian, do you have a gang of monkeys constantly lurking on urban in order to inform you to pop up whenever you're mentioned and never at any other time, or are you just psychic?
Don't know about that, but there sure used to be a gang of media monkeys hanging around and looking to stoke the fire when it all kicked off.

*waves to the daily mail*

actually, i haven't managed to get my current alter-ego OR face in the daily mail in years. it's kind of depressing. i think a peter cook style letter-writing campaign may be in order.

Have you finished it yet? Hurry up!;)

Blackwells have a publication date of 25 March, and I don't think it has been printed yet.
Ua9zhlUQ51L-Paddick

However, it is available to "pre-order" on Amazon at half price
:

All done

Had to edit it down from 130,000 to 100,000 words but it's a right riveting read! All done now (took 12 hours with the lawyers for the libel check!) Lot's of people can't wait to read it...especially at Scotland Yard! :D

Had to edit it down from 130,000 to 100,000 words but it's a right riveting read! All done now (took 12 hours with the lawyers for the libel check!) Lot's of people can't wait to read it...especially at Scotland Yard! :D

Hello Brian

Do you still wear uniform? Were you in Dean Farrer Street the other day?

I have pre-ordered it, looking forward to it.

I will be voting for you as well.;) and have urged my readers of my blog to as well

And a big thank you from the 7/7 Inquiry group ( survivors and bereaved pushing for independent inquiry into London bombings) for your comments in support of one:cool:

You looked right bloody miserable on this photo of you on that Police Demonstration, Brian. Compared to Barnbrook mere metres to your side at the front of the march, looking right (ho ho ho) cheery, sporting his name badge.

Did the camera catch you at a bad moment?

Don't like racists

I had realised by then that he was there :mad:

(was in Dean Farrar the other day...no I gave all my uniform back) :)

I had realised by then that he was there :mad:

You should say something then! There's folks (potential voters) around that think your public silence amounts to condoning. It's not too late to make your views clear even if you marched at the front virtually side by side with him.

Given the pitiful public levels of support for that demonstration, wouldn't you have done better to make a stance on the racist issue 'hence appealing to hearts and minds' (always a winner, that phrase) of the London electorate?

At least Ken and Boris didn't even turn up.

We should run a Mori type urban poll. What's more likely to result in Brian exiting his thread:

(a) Kid Eternity's searching question about turning poll ratings around; or

(b) Cesare's enquiry about Brian marching side by side with the BNP candidate.

:hmm:

Kid Eternity, earlier

jeremy_paxman_1.jpg

:D

It was a genuine question too, he's polling very badly almost 8% I think. It's a two horse race right now.

Damn shame because I was hoping he'd bring some sensibility to the debate consumed with Ken's alleged dodgy dealings and Bojo who looks more clever pr than anything else.

We should run a Mori type urban poll. What's more likely to result in Brian exiting his thread:

(a) Kid Eternity's searching question about turning poll ratings around; or

(b) Cesare's enquiry about Brian marching side by side with the BNP candidate.

:hmm:

You just asked that so you could use the cool knew smiley didn't you. :D

:D

It was a genuine question too, he's polling very badly almost 8% I think. It's a two horse race right now.

Damn shame because I was hoping he'd bring some sensibility to the debate consumed with Ken's alleged dodgy dealings and Bojo who looks more clever pr than anything else.
He might get a bit of a bounce once people arrive in the polling booth, don't want to vote for Ken, but can't stomach voting for a Tory.

And I say this with the near-total ignorance of electoral politics of the 37 year-old who's never voted in his life. :)

EDIT: Then again, such people might not be arsed to vote in the first place. Hats off to them, I say.

You just asked that so you could use the cool knew smiley didn't you. :D

I've been importing that smiley for ages, but yes I luvvers the new convenience of it :D

It was a serious question though, he looks like he's aligned himself with Barnbrook and in the absence of anything specific to the contrary, made it look as if his support for his police chums took precedence over any alleged anti-racist stance that he might have.

I thought he was excellent in both the TV debate thingies.
Boris may add to the gaiety of the nation but he is an idiot. Ken is tiresome. Brian gets my vote.

It was a serious question though, he looks like he's aligned himself with Barnbrook and in the absence of anything specific to the contrary, made it look as if his support for his police chums took precedence over any alleged anti-racist stance that he might have.

Yep I think you may be onto something there; Boris (like most Tories) is seriously weak on racism so attacking him that would force Bojo into a war on two fronts against Paddick and Ken on the issue.

Back
Top Bottom