Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BNP membership list has been put online.

It's been offered to at least one person who I know and trust. That's all the information I'm willing to give you.

Though I guess whoever ends up with it will, "make sure those who could use it got hold of it."

OK, so it doesn't exist then :D

Yeah just looked at Indymedia and some of that looks way out of hand.
Also just looekd at that Red watch site they are mentioning on there. That is fucking awful!

TomPaine

If the margin last time was 62 votes then it is good tactics to *not* split the non-BNP vote by standing more candidates.

Lab 699 (30.50)
BNP 637 (27.79)
Con 515 (22.47)
L-D 441 (19.24)

Anyone whose top priority is stopping the BNP getting in should helping Labour to win again, even if they don't really like Labour. Standing a left-of-Labour candidate would be counter-productive.

So at which point do the left actually put themselves before the electorate in wards like this to provide the political alternative which, in the long term, is the only thing which will stop them?

Also the longer New Labour have been in power, the stronger the BNP have got. Obviously part of this is becaue of the way Griffin has attempted to present the BNP, but I would say it isn't too off the mark to say that New Labours policies have also increased the number of people who feel so fucked off they would vote the BNP as a protest vote, or worst still join them.

TomPaine

people were pretty fucked off before new labour as well

fucked off enough to fall for blair lol

Yes, and now a lot of those trad labour voters will never vote labour again, and are totally alienated from the mainstream poltical process. Enter the BNP.

Yes, and now a lot of those trad labour voters will never vote labour again, and are totally alienated from the mainstream poltical process. Enter the BNP.

you think people are jumping from new labour to the BNP?

that's a big jump, even if you were against old labour and voted new labour

you think people are jumping from new labour to the BNP?

that's a big jump, even if you were against old labour and voted new labour

Look at the wards where the BNP have won seats, look at who the previous councillors were - 99% labour. Look at the growing list of wards where they've got good returns (82nd places last may, 343 over 10%) and do the same comparison, overwhelmingly labour

My view. They havent realised the new political reality of the growth of the situation, and still think they are fighting Combat 18 at Brick Lane in 1992

The BNP have over 50 councillors. They are on the GLA. In June 2009 they will get county councillors elected next year in Leicsterwhire, Lancashire, Derbyshire and Warwickshire. They will probably have 2 euro MPs

And more importantly, the Indymedia crowd have failed to understand the lessons from the continent where Euronationalist parties are more advanced

You cant out-violence a euronatioanslist party into defeat. The only way in to out politic them, by devleoping a working class political alternative

Which is what AFA said back ten years ago, but its clear few were arsed to listen to this

My view. They havent realised the new political reality of the growth of the situation, and still think they are fighting Combat 18 at Brick Lane in 1992

The BNP have over 50 councillors. They are on the GLA. In June 2009 they will get county councillors elected next year in Leicsterwhire, Lancashire, Derbyshire and Warwickshire. They will probably have 2 euro MPs

And more importantly, the Indymedia crowd have failed to understand the lessons from the continent where Euronationalist parties are more advanced

You cant out-violence a euronatioanslist party into defeat. The only way in to out politic them, by devleoping a working class political alternative

Which is what AFA said back ten years ago, but its clear few were arsed to listen to this

I agree with all that, except i don't think the people you refer to have even reached the level of fighting C18 at brick lane, they're just watching antifa vids on youtube from russia or wherever.

Look at the wards where the BNP have won seats, look at who the previous councillors were - 99% labour. Look at the growing list of wards where they've got good returns (82nd places last may, 343 over 10%) and do the same comparison, overwhelmingly labour

god, i never realised that

fucks sake. that's really depressing

since people just vote for any old shit they should just come up with ad campaigns instead of bothering with 'democracy' lol

So at which point do the left actually put themselves before the electorate in wards like this to provide the political alternative which, in the long term, is the only thing which will stop them?

Rural Lincolnshire?

The last bit is the equivalent of political hysteria.

In the 2005 election, in the limited numbers of constituencies where the BNP put up candidates, they took just 0.7 of the total vote cast.

Had a perusal elsewhere and come up with a couple of interesting quotes from BNP members old and new.

Mr Exley said the list covered everybody who had ever contacted the BNP head office.

The BNP membership only stands at 4,500 and has been like that since 2001. People leave, people join, but the balance remains the same.

Rural Lincolnshire?

The last bit is the equivalent of political hysteria.

In the 2005 election, in the limited numbers of constituencies where the BNP put up candidates, they took just 0.7 of the total vote cast.

think it was 4.3% where they stood if i recall , saving 34 deposits

And Boston is not rural linclolnshire, the ward they won last week was wholly a white working class estate

But the problem is very few working class people will join such a party and very few actually vote for it.

Well based on what the SSP acheived in Scotland at its peak, they built a party which was almost wholly working class in its membership, and polling votes at parliamentary level that the BNP can only dream of. And not only in cities like Glasgow. I recall almsot falling off a chair when i learnt that they polled 11.4% in that bastion of class struggle, Orkney

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Parliament_election,_2003

If the left organsied then, it can be again.

As anyone else noticed that a certain individual on this list is a ‘Telesales company owner’.
A member of the BNP and he owns a Telesales company, I think he may just be the most despicable human being on the planet.

the Guardian has gone SUPABNP coverage mad, including an article by Blears, there is loads in todays paper, overkill?

Labour home have overlayed a UK paliamentary consitiuency map over post code denisty map of that list.

think it was 4.3% where they stood if i recall , saving 34 deposits

And Boston is not rural linclolnshire, the ward they won last week was wholly a white working class estate

What? The whole ward is a 'white working class estate'?

This from The Guardian Saturday.

...according to one report that cross-matched the list with data from the Office for National Statistics, only 5% of BNP members live in areas classified as having high Asian populations, and 2% in areas with big Afro-Caribbean communities. Some 18% of the party's support comes from traditionally working-class white areas. Twenty-two percent of BNP members may live in deprived parts of England and Wales, but 16% live in the wealthiest.

BNP leader Nick Griffin may boast that this list proves his members are not "skinhead oiks", but there are still..., people suspended for "inappropriate tattoos" and at least seven email addresses incorporating the number 88,...

But, Professor Roger Eatwell of the University of Bath, who has written extensively on the BNP, sounds a cautionary note after looking at the list for the first time: "many BNP activists don't actually appear to be members" And in any case, "members and activists are not the same as voters".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/nov/22/bnp-far-right-race

I don't think this has been posted yet - more bad news for the BNP - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7744332.stm

Twelve British National Party (BNP) members have been arrested on suspicion of distributing racist material in Liverpool city centre.
Merseyside Police said the men were held at about 1250 GMT after leaflets were distributed in the Whitechapel area of the city.
Roy Goodwin, organiser of the Blackpool and Oldham BNP branches, confirmed 12 party members were arrested.

Back
Top Bottom