Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Blacklist in the construction industry....

anyone suprised? :(

they won't even get into too much shit over it, only if they do it again, twice :rolleyes::mad:

They are getting done for having the information digitally. It was in the past kept on index cards and nothing was done. It's been going on for years and is totally shite.

They are getting done for having the information digitally. It was in the past kept on index cards and nothing was done. It's been going on for years and is totally shite.

Exactly. The oil industry here operates at least two very similar blacklists & despite various attempts to go after them, no serious action has been taken yet.

Partly because they have remained steadfastly card index & moved their archives to a country where our information access legislation does not apply. :(

Exactly. The oil industry here operates at least two very similar blacklists & despite various attempts to go after them, no serious action has been taken yet.

There was an article on the news about it recently.

There are at least two past threads on here as well, also one of the TV companies did a current affairs prog where they tracked down one of the operations to Norway.

The other annoying thing is that to escape scrutiny in the uk, both of the operations had reconstituted themselves under Trust/Charity regs. :mad:

it makes no odds whether data is held electronically or on paper, its all covered by the data protection act. it's much easier to track and prove the existence of electronic db's tho

it makes no odds whether data is held electronically or on paper, its all covered by the data protection act. it's much easier to track and prove the existence of electronic db's tho

This was not the case initially & it was quite a few years till the DPA got that one sorted. Which gave the firms time to develop more strategies for avooiding it. :mad:

The people responsible should do time for this. A £5000 fine is nothing when the annual subscription is 3k, and I bet this list is going to be circulating long after people have forgotten about the trial.

Communist party ?
What is this the 50s :).

Black list is a terrible idea .If your a terrible worker you will be found out quickly enough ,but,You could just upset one boss for and thats your career over .

The blacklisters and the bosses that used their "services" should be tarred and feathered and generally paraded for our contempt.

Heard some UKIP twat on the radio - didn't catch if he was trying to justify it but he was trying to blame it all on Europe for stopping us from writing proper references

Aye, right! :mad: These blacklists have been around a lot longer than that.

These cunts destroy people's lives.

@this, the Economic League lives, but remember, 'it's a free country'

btw, some of these will have been blacklisted for arguing for better health and safety, asbestos issues, etc, disgraceful

Saw this this morning and thought, "NO surprises there then".
Hope the big firms get fined millions, the knuts.

@this, the Economic League lives, but remember, 'it's a free country'

btw, some of these will have been blacklisted for arguing for better health and safety, asbestos issues, etc, disgraceful

yup. It's not a list for bad workers but for 'troublesome' workers.

Cunts

Just shows you how naieve they are - sounds like there were multiple card files and the details were given to the clients over the phone in an effort to avoid a data protection act that was probably updated to cover the aforementioned "Economic League" - which all happened 15 years ago ...

Nothing will happen to those bastards who created these blacklists you know why? as the government will say 'oh we need to be encouraging the construction industry in this time of global insability etc etc ' you mark my words .

And now i have to make it clear in the following brasic disclaimer that this next point is in no way cross thread trolling the point being that we have this blacklist on the one hand and a police blacklist or database as it were on political activists on the other ! can no one see the similarity here and the subsequent need for a much more socially incluisve approach to such issues from organisations like liberty , which in turn could be used to start somthing else instead of other alternatives on disscussion apparently consisting of attacking IT support offices - a point i make in order to support the previous point i made and not as cross thread trollling fed

My first thought...
My dad was on the EL Blacklist.

And the irony of course, is when a few years ago they 'announced' this blacklist they said people should phone up and see if they're on it. So, if you ring up and you're not on it, then they cunts at the EL would be thinking why are they phoninh, trap shut another one....

how does searchlight get a way with holding all the information that they do?

Because having info isn't illegal, it's what you do with it......

Nothing will happen to those bastards who created these blacklists you know why? as the government will say 'oh we need to be encouraging the construction industry in this time of global insability etc etc ' you mark my words .

And now i have to make it clear in the following brasic disclaimer that this next point is in no way cross thread trolling the point being that we have this blacklist on the one hand and a police blacklist or database as it were on political activists on the other ! can no one see the similarity here and the subsequent need for a much more socially incluisve approach to such issues from organisations like liberty , which in turn could be used to start somthing else instead of other alternatives on disscussion apparently consisting of attacking IT support offices - a point i make in order to support the previous point i made and not as cross thread trollling fed

No probs.

Because having info isn't illegal, it's what you do with it......
actually, some of the Searchlight info very probably falls foul of the law as well - particularly regarding 'timeliness'. But who the fuck is actually going to complain? Not worth the extra aggro caused fior the fash

actually, some of the Searchlight info very probably falls foul of the law as well - particularly regarding 'timeliness'. But who the fuck is actually going to complain? Not worth the extra aggro caused fior the fash

Arguably yeah, how they got it might well have some interesting tales too.

All in all Searchlies has very close links to state agencies, and powerful backers, just as interested in disrupting subversives and the left/anrarchist, animal rights & environmental movement as the Far Right:rolleyes::hmm:

Back
Top Bottom