Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black Lives Matter demos and protests UK, 2020-2021

Me too. There is an organised gang, but it's made up of old people who petition the council to remove trees in case paedophiles hide behind them.

(Not making it up, sadly).

Oh yeah actually we do have an organised gang, called the "TRA", who take kids to the pantomime every xmas and do a fun day in our courtyard (with free food and a bouncy castle) every summer.

Why does everyone have to blame poverty for gang violence? There has always been poverty and many of the young people involved in street gangs today are not poor as they own cars etc. And most poor people do not become gang members. Older people will remember just how much poverty there was in Britain in the 1950s but there was very little gang violence or violent crime then. Would you also say that football violence was caused by poverty? Football violence increased throughout the country as poverty fell!
Would it kill you to read a book or two?

I'd say downright ignorant and I'm being kind.

I'm sorry. As I say it was a lazy reference to the military term 'blue on blue' which is used to describe forces on the same side killing each other. Which obviously was a stupid comparison in this case.

As I say, I apologise.

Getting tweets out about right wing death threats etc didnt exactly help.
No doubt the death threats were sent by racists fortunatly are violent right wing are mostly a threat in their own head an actual organised assasination attempt is fortunatly beyond

I'm sorry. As I say it was a lazy reference to the military term 'blue on blue' which is used to describe forces on the same side killing each other. Which obviously was a stupid comparison in this case.

As I say, I apologise.
Great that you have apogised but you are missing the point in your ignorance. I suggest that you go and read about the history of that specific term and the connotations that run deep and then perhaps you will be able to consciously refrain from supporting a racist narrative and avoid being lazy.

Why does everyone have to blame poverty for gang violence? There has always been poverty and many of the young people involved in street gangs today are not poor as they own cars etc. And most poor people do not become gang members. Older people will remember just how much poverty there was in Britain in the 1950s but there was very little gang violence or violent crime then. Would you also say that football violence was caused by poverty? Football violence increased throughout the country as poverty fell!
Fuck me. Even the Daily Mail doesn't have such a loose grip in reality. The 50s a golden age? PC George Dixon was murdered by a teenage gang in his very first celluloid outing after all. Violent Crime is way down on the 50s and has been falling. The murder rate may be up a little - you can argue about that - But my all measures (Police stats, Crime survey and similar, hospital data) violence is massively down across the West.

Oh dear. I think you need to look again at the newspapers of the 1950s and go to Specsavers because your old rose-tinted glasses are past it, you need a new prescription

As I say, I apologise.
I think you'd do better to use the term fratricide for the friendly fire deaths you had in mind.

Yeah there was no white on white violence in the UK back then. No domestic violence, no child abuse, no street gangs, no armed robberies, it was a wonderful time and women, in particular, were so much happier.

I watch Call The Midwife, so I know this for sure.

Although this news report is from August 2011 show me a similar news report from the 1950s which is even one tenth as bad as the violence seen here:

Back
Top Bottom