Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Billionaires are evil

Now I'd like you to supply a link for me
No. I have supplied the links required to illustrate the point discussed. I commented on the nastiness of some posters’ reactions to this tragedy. I do not need to say anything further. This thread has been derailed enough. If you want to continue the thread on immigration then use the correct thread! I shall not be contributing.

No. I have supplied the links required to illustrate the point discussed. I commented on the nastiness of some posters’ reactions to this tragedy. I do not need to say anything further. This thread has been derailed enough. If you want to continue the thread on immigration then use the correct thread! I shall not be contributing.
You’ve got a brass neck on you

You've only 'contributed' a great turd here

Reactions: pug
Maybe that's because no one knows who the people are on on the boats, they don't seem to carry much identification on them. People are horrified by what's happening to them but how can we have glowing testimonies from friends on the news, we don't know who the victims are, let alone their friends.
Going back to this baseless claim: ‘No one know who the people are on the boats” - how come they’re often named in the media, with reports from grieving relatives with accounts of the ordeals they’ve undergone just to get to the Channel in the first place?

Going back to this baseless claim: ‘No one know who the people are on the boats” - how come they’re often named in the media, with reports from grieving relatives with accounts of the ordeals they’ve undergone just to get to the Channel in the first place?
Posts 522 and 536 would seem to disagree.

I am yet to be impressed by these AV folk if this gruesome twosome are owt to go by. I knew nothing would come of it.

All this drama and animosity over showing empathy for some people who have been killed, one of them being an eighteen year old girl with her whole life ahead of her :rolleyes:
Just like all those thousands of other young people who have also lost their lives. There’s no lack of empathy here for innocents. Pointing out disproportionate media coverage does not indicate lack of empathy. The young person you mentioned got a whole article dedicated to them in The Guardian, so I dread to think of the coverage in papers that lean further to the right. Their death is tragic and unnecessary, but no more so than any other accidental death.

Just like all those thousands of other young people who have also lost their lives. There’s no lack of empathy here for innocents. Pointing out disproportionate media coverage does not indicate lack of empathy. The young person you mentioned got a whole article dedicated to them in The Guardian, so I dread to think of the coverage in papers that lean further to the right. Their death is tragic and unnecessary, but no more so than any other accidental death.
I don't think there was any indication that the death of the people on the yacht was any more tragic than the death of migrants or anyone else, they were being discussed because they fitted the topic of the thread. There were reasons pointed out for the disproportionate media coverage which some people chose to throw unfounded accusations around and the whole thread escalated into a lot of childish insults.

Back
Top Bottom