Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Billionaires are evil

Members of a family have died. It made the news because it was a famous person and his family. His wealth and status doesn’t matter now. It is a tragedy for the family left behind. Have some respect and leave off the nasty, ignorant and unfeeling comments!
This story has been taking up hours and hours on the BBC news channel (which my wife seems to have on telly most of the time). In contrast, hundreds of refugees die in the Mediterranean every year, and these are only the recorded deaths that we know about. We rarely get to know their names and these poor people do not get anything like the TV news coverage currently being given to a person who has "earned" his millions by literally exploiting workers and was thus able to afford the best lawyers money can buy to solve his legal troubles. Now while his death is indeed a tragedy, and I have sympathy for those who might love and will miss him, in the overall scheme of things, I have zero fucks to give.

Yeah you are, sticking up for some rich cunt you’ve never met - class traitor!
No need for the expletive - don’t care about him being rich, I just didn’t like the horrible comments about someone who has a family grieving for him, just like anyone else ,rich or poor.

No need for the expletive - don’t care about him being rich, I just didn’t like the horrible comments about someone who has a family grieving for him, just like anyone else ,rich or poor.
Get to fuck, newb. Don’t come here telling us not to do something we’ve been doing for years. Go find a forum of prim forelock tuggers and be happy there.

test yourself by wondering how that comment would have gone down if uttered about say pinochet, thatcher or one a. hitler, late of berlin.

Doesn’t matter whether they do or not! Some of the comments are disgusting, comments made by those hiding behind their keyboards, who wouldn’t dare say them if their names were known.

With respect, you're new to urban aren't you?

This isn't like anywhere else.

Maybe the language can be abrasive but rich capitalists are never going to get an easy ride. Especially, as others have pointed out, while hundreds are dying at sea with barely a mention, let alone an obituary and glowing testimony from friends, on the news.
Maybe that's because no one knows who the people are on on the boats, they don't seem to carry much identification on them. People are horrified by what's happening to them but how can we have glowing testimonies from friends on the news, we don't know who the victims are, let alone their friends.

Maybe that's because no one knows who the people are on on the boats, they don't seem to carry much identification on them. People are horrified by what's happening to them but how can we have glowing testimonies from friends on the news, we don't know who the victims are, let alone their friends.
That’s not true. The vast majority have documentation on them. Because of course they do.

Exactly- well put. No need for the previous vile responses!

Back
Top Bottom