Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Billionaires are evil

The man was born to two Irish parents in England. His dad was a firefighter and his mother a nurse. He was not from a privileged background. He won a scholarship to a school called Bancrofts when he was 11...so he must have been pretty bright as his parents wouldn't have had the money to pay for that kind of education..

.... maybe he should have just refused that scholarship when he was 11?
What does his background have to do with it?

The boat full of dead arseholes is still the top news story apparently. Even though there's no more actual news about it apart from, 'man who fell in the sea 36 hours ago and hasn't been seen since now presumed dead'. Next they'll be telling us bears shit in the woods.

What does his background have to do with it?
You tell.me?
I mean..the guy became rich.. but not from a privileged background
That surely is a different type of wealth to say the King Of England type of super privileged wealth or someone like Maxwell ?

people here seem to detest him because HP paid over the top for his company which in turn made him super rich.

Last edited:
You tell.me?
I mean..the guy became rich.. but not from a privileged background
That surely is a different type of wealth to say the King Of England type of super privileged wealth or someone like Maxwell ?

people here seem to detest him because HP paid over the top for his company which in turn made him super rich.

I don't know him.
No ides if he did anything worthwhile to help others or not. But I don't quite understand the demonising of a man who made money out of HP.
Have you read the title and premise of the thread?

You're almost certainly not a good person if you accept enough money and assets to be termed a billionaire, and definitely not if you kept it.

No one individual human is worth billions of pounds. Not a single one of us. So if you've acquired and hoarded it, you are a net negative on society.

For the record, I almost never take joy in someone's death, as I don't in this case.

Those you are related to and associated with are not automatically guilty by association.

You're almost certainly not a good person if you accept enough money and assets to be termed a billionaire, and definitely not if you kept it.

No one individual human is worth billions of pounds. Not a single one of us. So if you've acquired and hoarded it, you are a net negative on society.

For the record, I almost never take joy in someone's death, as I don't in this case.

Those you are related to and associated with are not automatically guilty by association.

Ok.. but I think this man gave employment to people. Did he hoard it all? I don't know that he did. Maybe other posters know more about him and how he treated his workforce.

I also take no joy in a freak accidental death...unless the dead person is a convicted pedophile.

Yes, and spending it on a super yacht is a bit of a giveaway

Tbf in this case a man got off a serious charge cos he had the money to buy his way out of it, his top lawyer and banker, both instrumental in this crime goin unpunished, are also missing presumed dead, as is his fellow accused. The lord works in mysterious ways....

Ok.. but I think this man gave employment to people.
"gave employment to people"? He had jobs that needed doing and so hired people to do them, and by the sounds of it reaped the rewards that they earned and he didn't for himself.

If you need the labour of others to do work for you, then the value created by that labour (not by you) should be recognised and distributed accordingly.

I dunno. It’s only a notional figure.
Well..if we go by the thread title it's a Billion.

Mike Lynch was worth $500 million.

"According to the Sunday Times Rich List in 2024, however, the couple were worth £500m"

So maybe only half evil then...

Back
Top Bottom