Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Billionaires are evil

They're not representative. Also, I'm not sure they are former AV people anyway.
Aye, they seem a decent bunch & so far the only ones given the boot was an angry troll and a serial returner (who snuck in and wasn't an actual AV bod).

I do hope our billionaire supporters can redeem themselves and this is just an unfortunate blip.

There has been quite a lot of talk about it and it makes absolute sense as they can't be deported because they don't know where to send them to. There's many reasons why people arrive without documentation and destroying it en route is one of them. No agenda, no prejudice, just a fact.

Much as you may like to as the UK is signatory to a number of international conventions concerning people claiming asylum they cannot just be deported once they have claimed asylum. There is a process. The Home Office has to look seriously at their claim and I can tell you the following nationals stand a high probability of being granted asylum: Syrians, because their country is a war zone, likewise Sudan. Eritrea because it is an extremely repressive dictatorship with widespread documented human rights abuses. Iran if the person claims and can reasonably prove to be a christian or if they are gay. During the course of an asylum claim the person claiming asylum has an initial screening interview and then, eventually a substantive interview which goes into detail as to why they should be granted leave to remain. Often because the person has no documentation NOT because they have been told to destroy it as claimed by that Migration Watch website and the Telegraph but because they have had it taken from them at some point by traffickers/smugglers OR they never had any in the first place, during the course of the main interview the Home Office will seek to ascertain if the person is, indeed where they claim to be from. They will ask the national currency of their country of origin, they will ask for well-known landmarks in the areas of the country they claim to be from. I know this for a fact because I have attended a number of these interviews.

Your bias is obvious, you want all these people gone by whatever means. But ask yourself this: why would someone make what is very often an extremely dangerous journey of thousands of miles to claim asylum in the UK? If they have traveled through Libya to get here I can 99% guarantee that they will have suffered exploitation and abuse; I have heard horror stories that would make your skin crawl. People are then subsequently traumatised and often have PTSD. People travel here to claim asylum mostly because they are desperate and they feel that they have absolutely no choice. Do not be so quick to judge. Also take this discussion to one of the relevant threads which have already been pointed out to you.

Much as you may like to as the UK is signatory to a number of international conventions concerning people claiming asylum they cannot just be deported once they have claimed asylum. There is a process. The Home Office has to look seriously at their claim and I can tell you the following nationals stand a high probability of being granted asylum: Syrians, because their country is a war zone, likewise Sudan. Eritrea because it is an extremely repressive dictatorship with widespread documented human rights abuses. Iran if the person claims and can reasonably prove to be a christian or if they are gay. During the course of an asylum claim the person claiming asylum has an initial screening interview and then, eventually a substantive interview which goes into detail as to why they should be granted leave to remain. Often because the person has no documentation NOT because they have been told to destroy it as claimed by that Migration Watch website and the Telegraph but because they have had it taken from them at some point by traffickers/smugglers OR they never had any in the first place, during the course of the main interview the Home Office will seek to ascertain if the person is, indeed where they claim to be from. They will ask the national currency of their country of origin, they will ask for well-known landmarks in the areas of the country they claim to be from. I know this for a fact because I have attended a number of these interviews.

Your bias is obvious, you want all these people gone by whatever means. But ask yourself this: why would someone make what is very often an extremely dangerous journey of thousands of miles to claim asylum in the UK? If they have traveled through Libya to get here I can 99% guarantee that they will have suffered exploitation and abuse; I have heard horror stories that would make your skin crawl. People are then subsequently traumatised and often have PTSD. People travel here to claim asylum mostly because they are desperate and they feel that they have absolutely no choice. Do not be so quick to judge. Also take this discussion to one of the relevant threads which have already been pointed out to you.
Comments were posted about the reaction on here to the yacht tragedy and yet other posters have turned it into a discussion on migrants, so perhaps direct the last sentence of your post to them?

I wish people would start new threads. I was wondering where this discussion was. Was Mike Lynch even a billionaire.

Not true- read back through the posts! As a result I was asked to provide a link.
Yes, you made an unevidenced claim that asylum seekers destroy their documentation prior to arrival, were called out on it then provided a link to a website with a dodgy agenda in an attempt to back up your claim. Take. Your. Obvious. Bias. To. An. Appropriate. Thread. Or preferably fuck the fuck off.

Yes, you made an unevidenced claim that asylum seekers destroy their documentation prior to arrival, were called out on it then provided a link to a website with a dodgy agenda in an attempt to back up your claim. Take. Your. Obvious. Bias. To. An. Appropriate. Thread. Or preferably fuck the fuck off.
The thread went off course at #536. Re read the posts!

I hinted at it with the Darktrace thing, and while I'm still on the side of freak accidents the eyebrow is twitching here. Being treated as manslaughter now.

I haven’t properly read up on it TBH. But I gather a business partner who was also under investigation died recently in a car accident. I should probably look this shit up.

krtek a houby post is entirely relevant to the thread, drawing attention to the fact that the death of a very rich man gets far more reportage that the many deaths of refugees at sea. Conversely many of your replies are completely off-topic and displaying an obvious agenda namely xenophobia/racism.
And it was pointed out why that was and it ended up being a discussion in migration.Please do not accuse me of racism because I provided links that you didn't like!

Back
Top Bottom