Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

It's coming to the UK soon. It's called nerium AD. It really does work.

A friend of mine sold this stuff for a few months, then had hell's own job getting out of her involvement with the company. She described the stuff as being useless, smelly, and expensive. I have many ranty emails from her about the stuff - don't believe the hype!

A friend of mine sold this stuff for a few months, then had hell's own job getting out of her involvement with the company. She described the stuff as being useless, smelly, and expensive. I have many ranty emails from her about the stuff - don't believe the hype!

I agree about the business but I know first hand that it really does work. The way the company has chosen to market the stuff is annoying just as your friend said. But it sells itself because they use a technique of letting people take a bottle home and use it for a week. Once people use it they buy it. You see results that quick.

I don't use it or sell it. I have used it for one week though just out of curiosity for a friend.

I need something to reduce large pores :(
There is a Clinique thing that works when you use it- ie it doesn't fix them forever, but they are invisible when you are wearing it. Can never remember what it's called though, so this is a remarkably unhelpful post.... :hmm:

Clinique dramatically different moisturising lotion - I can rub it right into my eyelashes and it doesn't make my eyes sting/water at all. In fact I use all 3 'steps' but the cream is the dog's.

Yves Saint Laurent 'Faux Cils' mascara. Loooong fluttery lashes.

P20 - on in the morning and don't have to think about it again. Haven't burnt once since I bought it :cool:

Clinique dramatically different moisturising lotion

Lots of people swear by that. Is it meant to be a day or a night cream? It doesn't have the SPF of a lot of day creams and seems a bit insubstantial for night...but it must have something about it!

Lots of people swear by that. Is it meant to be a day or a night cream? It doesn't have the SPF of a lot of day creams and seems a bit insubstantial for night...but it must have something about it!
It's just a plain, no frills moisturiser. Great if your skin is sensitive. Any cream with a perfume or SPF makes my eyes sting and water, even if I don't rub it into them. My skin's not desperately dry, but I can feel it go 'ahhhhh' when I put the cream on :D*

*Forgive the gushy praise :oops:I ran out a few weeks ago and am waiting to go on holiday and nab some duty free. Roll on Sunday!

I use the gel and I love it. I have greasy skin with dry patches so I need to be well moisturised without making my skin greasy.

It's very light and I much prefer gels.

Oh, and Body Shop elderflower eye gel. Especially if you keep it in the fridge. As for "working", I don't know, but it feels nice under your eyes rather than sticky creams which some other eye products are.

P20 - on in the morning and don't have to think about it again. Haven't burnt once since I bought it :cool:

I would love to get on with P20 as I burn in about 12 minutes, but I came up in a massive, itchy rash when I tried it. :(

I really like Boots 17 BB cream. I've been using it instead of foundation for a few months. Good coverage, blends well, feels nice on my skin.

I've been using that all year. I've stocked up on loads of them because i like it so much. Years ago Boots did a perfect foundation for my skin, then they just stopped doing it so I'm taking precautions now in case the same happens again.

I would love to get on with P20 as I burn in about 12 minutes, but I came up in a massive, itchy rash when I tried it. :(
there are a couple of similar things coming out- Piz Buin do one, as does Lancaster- you could try one of those in a dept store and splurge if one doesn't give you a reaction?

there are a couple of similar things coming out- Piz Buin do one, as does Lancaster- you could try one of those in a dept store and splurge if one doesn't give you a reaction?
I think Piz Buin might be one to avoid if you have allergies, there's a lots of chatter on the internet about people having reactions to its ingredients.
" Last week, the sun cream featured on the BBC's Watchdog show after producers were inundated with health complaints about it.
Leading dermatologist Dr Ian White, of St John's Institute of Dermatology in London, said two of the cream's ingredients could be the reason for the severe reactions he had seen.
He said his organisation had demanded urgent action into the safety of one of the chemicals used in Piz Buin, C30-38 Olefin/Isopropyl Maleate MA Copolymer, two years ago.
He also claimed that one in 10 of the patients he now sees were allergic to another active ingredient in the cream - Methylisothiazolinone."

Link here to products which contain Methoylisothiszolinone
http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/53090-methylisothiazolinone

Btw, it's an extravagance, but I've recently signed up to birchbox, which is a monthly sampler box of trial-size beauty goodies for a tenner. You get four or five a month (plus sometimes a lifestyle product - i got chia seeds, which are supposedly a superfood this month) mostly American brands / the kind of random-but-good brands they sell in sephora.

Anyway, thought I'd mention it. I get loyalty points if you go through my referral link: http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=16451

It pushed my anxiety buttons and I read it with excitement and have added several products to favourites.
BUT I know that I
  1. should rise above it and accept my wrinkles and blotches and
  2. I won't ever have the cash to spend on most of them.
Its a bit like looking at fashion magazines - it's a pretty fantasy that's a waste of time but I enjoy it and I can't be worthy all the time!
Whenever I think about aging gracefully I think of this with a wry grimace
6a00d8341c630a53ef0154327d58b0970c-450wi

<<derail>> I always wonder what people who have overdone the cosmetic surgery *see* when they look in the mirror. Are they sufficiently dysmorphic/deluded they are pleased with what they see? or do they know they look bloody ridiculous?

case in point- Caprice. Saw her in an advert the other day and she just looks peculiar. Wonder if she knows that, though, or if she is just looking at the body and thinking 'you go girl'

<<derail>> I always wonder what people who have overdone the cosmetic surgery *see* when they look in the mirror. Are they sufficiently dysmorphic/deluded they are pleased with what they see? or do they know they look bloody ridiculous?

case in point- Caprice. Saw her in an advert the other day and she just looks peculiar. Wonder if she knows that, though, or if she is just looking at the body and thinking 'you go girl'

I used to watch The Hills (don't judge me) and it was actually quite upsetting when Heidi had her surgery. Her mum sobbed when she saw her and Heidi was trying to put a brave face on but did not look good.

I think because she was so young it seemed much worse.

I used to watch The Hills (don't judge me) and it was actually quite upsetting when Heidi had her surgery. Her mum sobbed when she saw her and Heidi was trying to put a brave face on but did not look good.

I think because she was so young it seemed much worse.
yeah, I remember that. She looks dreadful know, she used to be so pretty. Think it was all the more shocking because she had it all done in one go

e2a tried to add photo of before and after, but it isn't letting me link...

The difference for me between the two is that Caprice is trying to maintain her looks but Heidi seems to have disliked herself so much that she did the whole extreme makeover thing to completely change.

Back
Top Bottom