Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory 2017 25-28 May. No. 10!

I'm currently urging our Swansea CAMRA pal to persuade her new bloke to come to Bearded.

She'd been intending to get there herself for a while, but she is wrongly assuming that NewBloke 'might not like festivals' :hmm:

I said to her in the pub yesterday :

'He likes gigs and beer and you! How can he not enjoy a festival with Madness headlining and two Thornbridge beer tents?' :hmm:

She's having Xmas dinner today with her new feller. He's cooking it -- so hang on to him, eh? ;)

I texted her (from the pub, earlier on :p ) to COMPEL her to invite him :D :)

Saying that, next time I meet them in he pub (they haven't spilt up or anything), I'll do a much better job of working on his festival-interest levels ;) :p

I really want to go to this, bit skint though and no van so gawd knows how I'll get there.

Didn't do one single festie last year so it's about time for one, I'd say. Payday tomorrow...

National Express and BT seem to have quite the range of transport to the site this year.
Saw those, but at around £40 from London i'm wondering if early train tickets + pushbike might be even cheaper.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again. There's a whole range of people who I only ever see at festies that i didn't catch up with at all last year.

OK so breaking my own rule of never looking up the line up in advance I had a look... And there's more than three things I'd cross a field to watch and several more I'd checkout if I found myself in the right place at the right time. This is good.

I'm now thinking I might go the whole hog and actually Google some of the others (starting with The Fall because you know, I'm just not that old).

... Of course all plans will no doubt be scuppered by one of the W's having a crisis.

was hoping for sleaford mods, but THE FALL!!!! yes!!!! that woodland stage is gonna be heaving, best get in there early methinks.

African Head Charge

You've just reminded me of my (almost) top must see. They play so insanely rarely.

I'd loved them for years before, but they were absolutely brilliant at the Big Chill in 2008.

However, I'm far from convinced they've played any UK festival, or even gig, since then.

They're absolutely brilliant :cool: :cool:

Just received the e-mail newsletter confirming "We have added a new real ale bar by Convoy Cabaret and The Ship and the Woodland will be holding a Real Ale and Cider festival for the entirety of the festival. In addition to the fantastic award-winning ales from Thornbridge, we have 50 ales and ciders on rotation in the Woodland addressing last year’s gripes about the selection not being good enough in the Woodland area."

Not that the choice of decent booze was ever an issue, but the best just got better! :)

Back
Top Bottom