Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory Festival - news and discussion

I have bought a deposit ticket. 2 adults & a camper was £114 upfront & £85 per month for 5 months so £260 each. Campervan alone was a whopping £95.

I’m doing Shambala too which I think was nearly £300 a ticket. 2025 will definitely be seeking much cheaper options.
That's great your going. The campervan ticket is a bit pricey - you'll just have to be organised, pre-prep meals and make a saving on food 🙂

Not sure what day or time I'm on yet but it'd be good to see any urbs there :thumbs:
Haven’t decided about BT this year. There’s a much closer, much cheaper festival the same weekend I may do instead.

I’ll have to make do with seeing your OH the following weekend!

So i stupidly held back buying a ticket until a few weeks ago, waiting for a friend to find out if she was taking her kids or not, so I could see if I was going to take my daughter, only to find out the campervan tickets have sold out. So if anyone hears of one going, please let me know!

So i stupidly held back buying a ticket until a few weeks ago, waiting for a friend to find out if she was taking her kids or not, so I could see if I was going to take my daughter, only to find out the campervan tickets have sold out. So if anyone hears of one going, please let me know!
and now I definitely won't be going to BT.

Dave Bromley in the Bearded Theory Fanatics FB group posted this:
Folks…

Heads-up, I’m going to be selling 2 x Weekend 3rd Release tickets and a Campervan pass on Twickets

However, Twickets will only allow you to list them if you have the e-tickets in hand

We’re buying them on a payment plan, so they won’t get released until 1st May - I’ve asked Alt-tickets if we can pay the balance early to release them sooner, awaiting response

As I believe the Campervan tickets are now sold out, I’d rather the tickets go to a good home, preferably someone on this group if possible - I’ll knock a few quid off the original purchase price to help towards Twickets fees 😁

I’ll let you know when Alt-tickets get back to me, but please DM me if you would be interested and I’ll keep you updated

Thanks!

Wednesday opening?!?!

I have to admit I'm in two minds still - lots of good bands I really want to see live and outdoors, but I have heavy work travel until the 19th so it would be back from that and straight into "get stuff together and go to festival" for 5 days. And I think Pirate would not forgive me for about a month...

I know I can't swing another day due to needing some leave being left over to attend my niece's wedding in Edinburgh in November.

I'm guessing it's to alleviate the Thursday bottle necking but they've not given much notice of the fact and I would guess only a handful will take it up. I know personally I'm at my limit with 4 nights in my tent. The mind is much younger than my grumpy hips. And this reminds me I need to work out how I'm getting there, and to buy a ruddy ticket too!

I saw someone post in the FB chat is was to try to alleviate the bottle neck traffic on a Thursday and to stop wide vehicles using Walton bridge as it now has permanent width restriction concrete blocks along it's length.

So the extra day is nothing to do with making extra money then? #cynical

Not that me or mine can get there a day early anyway (our group have things like work and school runs to contend with). Plus it narrows-down our camping options as it's likely that someone will be camped in the area we usually like to head for. Not the greatest start to my last Bearded.

So the extra day is nothing to do with making extra money then? #cynical

Not that me or mine can get there a day early anyway (our group have things like work and school runs to contend with). Plus it narrows-down our camping options as it's likely that someone will be camped in the area we usually like to head for. Not the greatest start to my last Bearded.
Tbf, it's only an extra £21, so not really a big earner. From what I've read it's to spread arrivals and relieve trafic pressure over that narrow bridge

I'm yet to buy a ticket, no idea how I'm getting there, my hips are already complaining but I'm going!
I'm waiting to hear if a mate wants my guestie, but if she doesn't, you get first dibs. Should hear tonight so will let you know tomorrow. Guesties aren't free this year sadly, they're £50, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick eh?

I'm waiting to hear if a mate wants my guestie, but if she doesn't, you get first dibs. Should hear tonight so will let you know tomorrow. Guesties aren't free this year sadly, they're £50, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick eh?
Oh my! Just the offer is amazing. Thanks soj. I'll get the chest ready for a squishy thank you hug however I get in ❤️

Oh my! Just the offer is amazing. Thanks soj. I'll get the chest ready for a squishy thank you hug however I get in ❤️
Ah sorry mate, she's just confirmed to go. It was all dependent on various child and work juggling obstacles so touch and go. Next time xxxx

I'm regretting deciding not to go as the line up is excellent. (and GSE's tent is really good)

That mate of mine you met two years ago is going, but (subject to getting my poorly van running), that weekend I'm just going a closer little festival.

Generally though, I'm better at smaller festies.

Have fun.

How come?
I don't think it has the same vibe since DHP took over. I don't think their heart is in it compared to the original organisers. Utilising the 15k capacity licence makes if feel too crowded now (the original folk always capped the ticket sales at 10K even though they had the option to sell 15k). And there appears to be lots more paid people and fewer volunteers. IMHO volunteers seem to give more because they want to be there, rather than being paid to be there, if you get my drift.

Ticket prices have gone up considerably and the expense of getting there and back has risen too. Yes, there's been a rise in overheads, but it reaches a point where it becomes less fun because you're busy counting the pennies.

I don't think it has the same vibe since DHP took over. I don't think their heart is in it compared to the original organisers. Utilising the 15k capacity licence makes if feel too crowded now (the original folk always capped the ticket sales at 10K even though they had the option to sell 15k). And there appears to be lots more paid people and fewer volunteers. IMHO volunteers seem to give more because they want to be there, rather than being paid to be there, if you get my drift.

Ticket prices have gone up considerably and the expense of getting there and back has risen too. Yes, there's been a rise in overheads, but it reaches a point where it becomes less fun because you're busy counting the pennies.
I genuinely didn't notice any difference, and I'm mates with one of them. I know there were problems with the woodland area, but that's all. Still the same type of punters going as far as I could see.

More paid people? In what roles? Same re volunteers.

Ticket prices are up at every festival now unfortunately.

I've been going since 2010 and havent noticed a massive shift in the crowd (apart from we've all got older). I think the capacity has been creeping up year on year before DHP took over. And if they hadnt taken over, there wouldnt be a festival. BT is still the cheapest festival I wnet to last year or this year. Obviously costs have massively gone up across the board and I heard DHP lost money last year

Personally I think DHP did a really good job last year. The middle of the bill was excellent - some great bookings. Same this year (tho have to see on the day) - the bookers know their stuff. I think where they're not so good is anything beyond guitar music. There's definitely not much reggae/soul/funk etc going on - I dont expect it to be like We Out Here - but a bit of variety would be good. I think the dance line up is a bit "will that do?". In my view the Magical Sounds tent had got a bit stale - especially since megadog got involved (which i loved back in the day - but times move on) - but the replacement doenst look great - there's been dance music made in the last 30 years! Though Fabio & Grooverider on Big Edd is defo a dont miss.

Overall though, im really looking forward to it - a good 20+ acts i want to see which is good for any festival

Back
Top Bottom