Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory 2016, Thursday 26th - Sunday 29th May

I had to google "event shelter" - you mean a gazebo in normal parlance? ;)

I pretty sure they're fine with them - I know some festivals aren't keen on them due to space issues. But one thing I've noticed about BT - as most folk are bit older - the campsite is full of massive tents with everything (including the kitchen sink...)

I had to google "event shelter" - you mean a gazebo in normal parlance? ;)

I pretty sure they're fine with them - I know some festivals aren't keen on them due to space issues. But one thing I've noticed about BT - as most folk are bit older - the campsite is full of massive tents with everything (including the kitchen sink...)
Cheers... I would counter they are gazebos though :p I've never seen one take off in inclement weather for starters ;)

Cheers... I would counter they are gazebos though :p I've never seen one take off in inclement weather for starters ;)

fair point - just never heard them called that before. I can recall one festival abroad about 15 years ago coming back to my tent after a day or two of too much partying, ready for some serious sleep only to find our gazebo had indeed taken off and was mangled by our vehicle.. my loud, wearisome FFS at the thought of having to sort it all out, rather than crash, still gets quoted back at me today (by the fellow crew members who'd also seen the carnage but wisely decided to ignore it and go to sleep)

Neither am I ... haven't seen ADF for absolutely ages .... :)

ETA : Except I've just re-listened on Spotify, and ADF seem three-quarters unrecognisable compared to how I sort of remember them :hmm: ... about 15 years ago :oops:

Our tickets for the fest arrived today :cool:

Last edited:
Tickets arrived, travel plan in place, field tested camping strategy at SESE, replanning camping strategy, thinking about ordering a weekend's food at Nana's to save lugging shite.

Now, does anyone want a spare camper van ticket?

Neither am I ... haven't seen ADF for absolutely ages .... :)

ETA : Except I've just re-listened on Spotify, and ADF seem three-quarters unrecognisable compared to how I sort of remember them :hmm: ... about 15 years ago :oops:

Our tickets for the fest arrived today :cool:

We saw ADF at Alchemy last year and they were fantastic. Also saw them doing a live soundtrack for THX1138 which was pretty special and got chatting to the fluteboxer afterwards, really nice guy. We'll be keeping an eye out for him at Bearded :)

We saw ADF at Alchemy last year and they were fantastic. Also saw them doing a live soundtrack for THX1138 which was pretty special and got chatting to the fluteboxer afterwards, really nice guy. We'll be keeping an eye out for him at Bearded :)

Fair dos. festivaldeb isn't too keen, but I reckon I'll give ADF a go :)

Our adult tickets arrived... Werv is put out :D

As I've never been anyone want to suggest a camping spot? Child friendly

We're undecided whether to camp in Family or general (not taken the kids before), where we were in general was pretty quiet last time, I'll have a look and see where it was, I think the rest of the folk we know are probably going for the same place.

We're undecided whether to camp in Family or general (not taken the kids before), where we were in general was pretty quiet last time, I'll have a look and see where it was, I think the rest of the folk we know are probably going for the same place.
Can we tag along wherever? Just easier in numbers with smalls I find

OK, still not worked out what to do with spare camper van ticket.
Currently planning to camp with a mob of brummies in the accessible camping. I can't imagine this going wrong :)
Just ordered a new tent, too, so even more wrong.

(Yes, I'm looking forward to it!)

OK lets start arranging an Urban meetup :)

Will everyone be there well in time for a Thursday evening one? Or would people prefer, say, early afternoon Friday?

Don't worry, I'll get more assertive on time of meeting later. Place will be whichever of the two beer tents I decide on (bearing in mind that only one of them will be open on Thursday, if the general preference is for then).

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom