Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bearded Theory 2016, Thursday 26th - Sunday 29th May

Sunday headliners are confirmed as Squeeze, preceded by Arrested Development. :) The only outstanding big-ish announcement is who is on before The Levellers on Friday.

LeslieB : so check all the other earlier and smaller acts too? Bearded (generally) has never just been about big headlining names.

Actually there's a bit of me that agrees with you ... I like Squeeze as it goes, classic songs, but I'd been hoping for equally erm 'lowkey' but different stuff for once of those vacant Sunday (co?)headlining slot(s) ....

I've never seen The Cure and I've only once ever seen The Charlatans ... ;)

I'm quite happy, if not excited, at the idea of Squeeze (happy memories of relaxing in the sun to Difford and Tilbrook at the Acoustic Stage years back, good singalong stuff) , there's plenty of other stuff I'm looking forward to, it's a better line-up for me than the last couple of years.

TBF I know almost nothing about Arrested Development? Are they good? :confused: :oops:
They had some very lightweight pop-rap hits circa 1992.

The best known one was Mr Wendel about a homeless guy which was kind of a rap 'Another day in paradise' IYSWIM.

Others might be interested, but I'm disappointed.

Can't say the music grabs me, but the cat bought us all tickets for Xmas so the Wiskers-Derv clan will be in attendance :)

Bar-steward Sons of Val Donnican are playing. How can you be disappointed with that!? For anyone who hasn't seen them I highly recommend them. My highlight last year, apart from James, was an entire acappella audience participation version of Bohemian Rhapsody prompted by The Sons. It was magical.

And Squeeze seem pretty okay to me compared with UB40 2 years ago.

Generally a disappointing line up from my 'local' festie. I might see what Y not has to offer instead.

EDIT: and the answer is not a lot.

Disappointing? You might want to go to V this year then[emoji14]
Terrorvision are confirmed too! A whole Bearded crowd knocking out Oblivion and Tequila :cool:

I was wrong about the lineup being complete :oops:

Announced on Bearded's Facebook vey recently (today, Monday 29th) :

Bearded Theory said:
Ladies & Gents we are delighted to finalise this year’s line up with the newly reformed KING BLUES making a triumphant return to complete Fridays line up and the legendary STIFF LITTLE FINGERS headlining the Woodland on Sunday night. Thank you for your patience with this year’s lineup announcements and we look forward to welcoming you all into our fields. Spring is coming![/QUOTE

There is a munch being organised for Bearded. It's not a picnic, well not a cup of tea and scotch egg one. If you are aware of what I'm rambling about and are interested, PM me and I'll let you know details.

Looks like wervs head teacher has bought into the idea that he'll be at Festival School for one day. The Deputy Head spoke to me and was all like 'ooh why don't more events do this'...
Well I'm one approved and one to go, the other head wasn't very in favour when I spoke to her a few weeks back. Apparently only 2 children didn't get approval last year out of 170 odd.

I've not heard anything official from either the festival or the school.

I'm waiting for this one to be approved before I give them the dates for the other three weeks he needs off.

Convoy Cabaret (that's their Facebook) seem to be doing a new Cabaret Tent for BT 2016, from what I've seen elsewhere :)

Time for a Bearded thread bump, as the thread was about to fall off onto page two :hmm:. And it's only about five weeks until the festival now. Also festivaldeb's on the BT mailing list (which not everybody is) and she's heard more about plans for the excellent-sounding Convoy Cabaret :

Bearded Theory email update said:
Convoy Cabaret Line Up Additions
ImageProxy.mvc

The randomly lovely Convoy Cabaret have been hard at it planning this years new Bearded Theory attraction. They already have an amazing festival line up and in addition they have booked in some late night and early afternoon acoustic acts. Acoustic/daytime/late night acoustic acts. In a rather disorganized order they are CAPTAIN HOTKNIVES, ROB MILLER, CHRIS BUTLER, DOOZER MCDOOZE, ANDY T, FFTP, EDDY ALLEN, SIDI MAN AND JACK OF HEARTS, CHASING WHISKEY, CAPTAIN GRIMACE, JOHNNY TURPENTINE, BECKY FURY, RICH NOT FAMOUS, CHRIS THE POET and BILLY THE SQUARE. The DJ offering is equally as decent and they include PAULY PIPER, OBERON, TRAV CHAV, MARK KELLY, CHRIS D' BASE and STEVE RUDEBOY. Convoy sideshows include God Shave the Queen, Lucky Cat Musements, Twattoo Parlour, Freak Boutique photo booth, Spanglegrinders, Convoy Chorus line and Ariel/acro/hoop displays plus a load more we couldn’t write down

I reckon I could be heading towards that zone a fair few times :) :cool:
(See the main Bearded website, lineup page, for the already-announced bands on the Convoy Cabaret stage)

Last edited:
Have had confirmation both the W's are enrolled onto bearded school, for werv this is compulsory as he needs the attendance mark... Weebles is optional.

It will be odd not having them for a day.
Us too, although I've only got authorised absence from one of their schools at the moment, I hope the other one gives it. Yes it will be odd them being at the festival but not with us. And taking them to school for 9.00 like a normal day.

Oh I haven't asked his school if he can go :D the way I see it they can take it as an attendance mark, or not... Either way he won't be with them.

When I asked the infants head if he'd received anything a while ago and explained everything he thought it was an excellent idea and 'wished more festivals thought about this'... Which is encouraging.

Back
Top Bottom