Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Credit where it’s due, Lamey is playing some decent stuff today. Her delivery still grates though.

Had a guy called Jonny from Trunk records in who was very entertaining. Interesting label too.

Johnny Trunk is a don - rereleasing The Wickerman OST and getting a Cary Grant impersonator to read out fanmail sent to his sister in the 80s when she was a glamour model are just two of his achievements

I last a few seconds if I hear his voice before having to switch it off. Unfortunately, he speaks between virtually every song, unlike the others who will let 2-3 songs go by before interrupting it with their hilarious bullshit. So you can't even get a little bit of peace. They probably rack up the same amount of actual speaking time but I wish he would wedge it into a solid block.

Ravenscroft on soon though.

WTF is going on with this Annie Mac has a new name thing? And Lauren interviewing her without the weird wispy voice. I thought the BBC were ad free?

"I feel like I've been waiting my whole life for an album like this" she fawns all over black midi (who are great).

WTF is going on with this Annie Mac has a new name thing? And Lauren interviewing her without the weird wispy voice. I thought the BBC were ad free?

Lauren used to do 'App of the week' or something so I think 6 can bend rules on advertising a bit

She used to bloody do a lovely capitalist entrepreneur of the week. How handy for an entrepreneur also running a lovely entrepreneur business at the same time.

Have you noticed how this daftly named 'Jamz Supernova' person puts on an exaggerated London accent when it suits? Bit naff that, but she's miles better than what's usually on.

Wow. That's a fabulously nasty and unpleasant misogynistic strawman you're building there.

Cop yourself on. Hate to say, but you're getting somewhat repetitive and boring on this topic.

Not to mention a little bit odd about how BAME women should speak.

Last edited:
Keaveny is now talking about 23 inch sausages and wants people to call in with their stories of bigger sausages. :facepalm:

*awaits fresh unpleasant and groundless accusation from the Strawman In Chief

Another pet hate? The way the presenter on before Keaveny has to do some kind of handover to him so he can trail what utter bullshit he has coming up. Why? Jamz Supernova is really good, why interrupt her flow with this fucking idiot drawling on even before the 5 hours he already gets...

Another pet hate? The way the presenter on before Keaveny has to do some kind of handover to him so he can trail what utter bullshit he has coming up. Why? Jamz Supernova is really good, why interrupt her flow with this fucking idiot drawling on even before the 5 hours he already gets...

That's the exact point I switch over to JazzFM

Back
Top Bottom