Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I hope you're Tweeting that. And telling people that you're Tweeting it. Do you know any people with young kids? Perhaps we should hear what the young kids think too. And make sure you mention an Apple product too. Why-aye.

She's not on today. It's Huey Morgan

I haven't heard him mention anything about f'ing U2 yet, but I haven't been listening closely.

She's not on today. It's Huey Morgan
Phew! I like him. He doesn't take himself too seriously and seems to be more interested in talking to guests rather than coming over as a "bubbly radio personality."

*tunes in
*gets ready to turn off U2 bit

Just turned it back on, and I hear that they're running their regular weekly Apple free promotion/advertorial spot.

Caught a bit of the inaugaral John Peel lectures. Some interesting points made although Pete 'wheres the book' Townsend chirped up that digital downloads are a vampire killing music. Probably just gutted that nobody buys his music anymore.

can josie long take a one way trip to a very high cliff above a very shallow body of water sometime in the next 10 mins.

thanks

She's on again. It's her voice I think that's so irritating. Which is not good for a radio presenter.

Has she improved a little? I've been in the UK for a couple of weeks and the music seems a little better and the drivel spouting seems to be toned down a little since last time. Or maybe I'm just imagining it.

Possibly. The only equivalent local station there with a kind of 6 Music output is KCRW's 'Morning Becomes Eclectic' - The DJ on that show though is so humorless and nice about everything he plays, it lacks any kind of wit or banter that comes as standard with most 6Music DJs.

Also it's only a daily 3-hour show while the rest of the daytime schedule is given over to a world service type of output :(

can u stream 6music in the states?

Yeah I can. Just the 8 hour time difference means I have to endure Steve Lurpack in the mornings and then dullards Mark Riley & Gideon Coe after that. Usually I don't bother except for Fridays when I can get Tom Ravenscroft at 1pm :)

You could always listen to another station.
I would if there were any I liked. I can't listen to anything with adverts, so that rather limits my choice.

Besides I am listening to radio - I'm playing the Spotify mixes of BBC6's programming,but without the inane blather.

shes not on today, didnt realise just how much she annoyed me until now. what's with that accent of hers anyways?

In an odd set of circumstances, I ended up co-hosting a 6 music show with Lauren Laverne a few years ago, and can scandalously report that she didn't drive her own desk, meaning she had a producer looking after all her timings, queuing up the next track, leaving her just doing talking.

I've since been assured by BBC types that she's learned to drive it herself these days, but still, I wish I was getting paid that much just to sit and talk for a while.

Since they got rid of Lamb, I like pretty much all of the 6music lot, and I've always like Lauren Laverne, quality chat and good taste in music what more do you want?

Back
Top Bottom