Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I think I'm the only one who liked Lamb. But it was because of his ability to wind everyone up that amused me rather than his taste in music. Though I did like his fondness for ragga/dancehall.

So you liked him for being essentially a troll? I still wince when I remember his airhorn routine.. woop woop!! :facepalm:

i cannot think of a more unlikely dj choice for a station that likes to position itself as the height of musical sophistication. but i suppose in hindsight, as a fan of troublemakers in general, i can see what u mean. it was truly unlistenable though.

Lamb was an arse and at completely the wrong station, but he had his moments and at least he wasn't asking me to Tweet some shit in every three minutes.

He probably wasn't suited to 6 Music, but being on 6 Music meant he was perfectly placed to get at a few unsuspecting artists who were there to talk about the serious matter of their new material or whatever. Getting Ray Davies to do a Spelling Bee and winding him up to the point where he put down the phone was a classic example.

Where can I go to talk about Chase & Status doing their 'in our bag this week' thing on 1Xtra on a Sunday bloody evening? They play jungle like jungle from the old days of jungle but it's new :cool:

its alright. trust me its better than the xmas shit i've had to veto this morning. huey's actually won over the xmas fans who sit behind me. no more cliff richard. not this morning anyway.

Huey is class. I've yet to find a DJ in the US who hosts a music show as well as him in the US. They all take the music waaay too seriously. They are missing out.

radcliff and maconie are pure radio 2 fodder, burbling way with unfunny fake music news and talking over each other constant.

radcliff and maconie drive me to despair - they're not even interesting and radcliff with his bumbling has me shouting 'shut the fack up' at the radio.

It's marginally better than having to listen to the awful Steve Wright or his cuntish stand in; Tarrant. I'm not allowed Lamaq in the office anymore. Tbf, it's his phone ins that depress me & my colleagues, the most.

excellent! radcliffe and maconie are back after their festive holiday.... yeeha! god they're hilarious. jesus christ, my sides.

Back
Top Bottom