Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

It’s not even the best station for music. Why are they doing it to themselves?

Depends on the show, doesn't it? I've started listening to WWFM and Don't Assume too, but they're also impossible to listen to all the time without hitting long stretches that you're not into.

i've had to turn it off. the contrast between ravenscroft and keaveny is so fucking massive. it was fun with tom. now it's awful. god he's a dick.

My friend was in a huff on FB about this & my partner switched off but I’m going upstairs for a listen whilst I potter.24F55642-B9A6-436D-B3A7-46AC7302318A.png

I think this even this has been stolen from the Breakfast Show on NTS where they have the very occasional 'dad bangers' morning.

My friend was in a huff on FB about this & my partner switched off but I’m going upstairs for a listen whilst I potter.View attachment 261275

Who needs to 'admit' pop is great? It's about three times more radical than fucking indie, which is surely the most conservative of all genres. Which type of music pushed sonic boundaries more in the past twenty years - pop or indie? It's got to be pop.

Who needs to 'admit' pop is great? It's about three times more radical than fucking indie, which is surely the most conservative of all genres. Which type of music pushed sonic boundaries more in the past twenty years - pop or indie? It's got to be pop.
Indie is a subset of pop

I didn't listen to 6 as much as i do on a normal day as I wanted to get the fuck out of dodge (work) and drink some beer in the sun.

But it was 50% shite and 50% bangers and the shite was annoying shite.

I genuinely do love lots of pop music but this did not work for me.

Same as their rave day when Keaveny just spins loads of bubble gum Positiva shite for 4 hours.

It's been a long time since 6 Music could be considered an 'indie' station just.

Actually, most pop music has been driven by developments in dance/electronic music.

i've had to turn it off. the contrast between ravenscroft and keaveny is so fucking massive. it was fun with tom. now it's awful. god he's a dick.
I didn't listen to 6 as much as i do on a normal day as I wanted to get the fuck out of dodge (work) and drink some beer in the sun.

But it was 50% shite and 50% bangers and the shite was annoying shite.

I genuinely do love lots of pop music but this did not work for me.

Same as their rave day when Keaveny just spins loads of bubble gum Positiva shite for 4 hours.
day's like these really show up that Keaveny's just a comedian / presenter.
Ravenscroft on the other hand has a knowledge and passion for music that shines through everything he does. it'll be a sad day if the station ever lose him.

Back
Top Bottom