Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

for those that prefer a single link than thread of twitter replies

glad to see Jamz in on the Saturday afternoon.

no news about who's permanently replacing Nemone on the Fri night midnight slot? schedule just shows a filler mixtape on April 3, then doesn't go further ahead than that yet.
I know she grates on people when filling in daytime by bringing in the mindfulness therapy stuff. but her evening show's always been great. it's been a year now of Annie Mac -> Tom Ravenscroft -> Nemone that's kept me going through boring lonely Friday nights and I'll miss that.

glad to see Jamz in on the Saturday afternoon.

no news about who's permanently replacing Nemone on the Fri night midnight slot? schedule just shows a filler mixtape on April 3, then doesn't go further ahead than that yet.
I know she grates on people when filling in daytime by bringing in the mindfulness therapy stuff. but her evening show's always been great. it's been a year now of Annie Mac -> Tom Ravenscroft -> Nemone that's kept me going through boring lonely Friday nights and I'll miss that.

Nice one, I looked for that earlier but couldn't find it.

From that link:
  • The Blessed Madonna is produced by We Are Grape
Wtf?

He’s been doing those for years now!
like most features on Lamacq's show it's tedious and been running long past the point of overstaying its welcome.

I wonder if he even realises for his listener phone-ins he's reading out the same two or three anecdotes for each with just a different name. like "I had a band t-shirt with a rude word on it but my mum threw it out" a dozen times over for his band t-shirt day. or "my parents had a crap car in the 80s"

like most features on Lamacq's show it's tedious and been running long past the point of overstaying its welcome.

I wonder if he even realises for his listener phone-ins he's reading out the same two or three anecdotes for each with just a different name. like "I had a band t-shirt with a rude word on it but my mum threw it out" a dozen times over for his band t-shirt day. or "my parents had a crap car in the 80s"

I tend not to bother with him these days, now that I'm not driving home at that time. Here's another crappy Britpop/punk single you thought you had forgotten about...

I give Lamacq a pass nowadays, because even if that indie landfill isn't exactly your thing, you can't deny his passion for it even after all these years and the way he's supported the live scene all this time. I had a good natter over a pint with him a couple of years back and his absolute love for what he does is still strong.

Back
Top Bottom