Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I was actually wondering if anyone has been arsed to do a music to inane bullshit ratio study. I asked him if they ever survey their listeners for feedback and he said no. Some of them are much better than others. I actually like Mary Anne Hobbs in the morning, she keeps her links short and sweet usually. Doesn't indulge in 3 minute monologues like Keaveny.

As I told him, every place I've ever worked, where 6 is usually on, people bitch about his middle aged shoutouts and bollocks like that.

Part of my A-Level Media Studies (I know, I know) involved listening to an hour of an allocated radio station, and transferring what we heard into a pie-chart type diagram, showing how many minutes of each clockface was taken up by links, adverts, songs, news, stings, all of that. If Google Sheets is good enough at doing it, I might do one for 6Music tomorrow, something of a mini-project for the group, so to speak.

An hour with Lauren Laverne

qooy66R.png

I'll try. I hate Google Sheets, I'm an Excel guy at heart but now that you can't own Microsoft Office, only rent and at cost, I just can't justify paying, so I want Google to do all the things Excel does and BLIMEY THAT'S A CHORE.

I'll pick an hour for MAH and give the percentages a go haha!

I'll try. I hate Google Sheets, I'm an Excel guy at heart but now that you can't own Microsoft Office, only rent and at cost, I just can't justify paying, so I want Google to do all the things Excel does and BLIMEY THAT'S A CHORE.

I'll pick an hour for MAH and give the percentages a go haha!
Would love to see the stats for Keaveny. Note: him babbling over music still counts as non music time to me!

Would love to see the stats for Keaveny. Note: him babbling over music still counts as non music time to me!

I was wondering about that, I guess PR1Berske times to the end of the chatting even if music is playing?

Also I wonder are LL's stats skewed by the BBC6 Festival announcements. I didn't listen today but if their previous record is anything to go by then there would have been much, much gushing.

I was wondering about that, I guess PR1Berske times to the end of the chatting even if music is playing?

Also I wonder are LL's stats skewed by the BBC6 Festival announcements. I didn't listen today but if their previous record is anything to go by then there would have been much, much gushing.

I've not been entirely scientific and accurate but if it's clear that talking has started rather than music keeps playing, then one clock stops and another starts. It's as representative as it can be!

I think you all need to get a Spotify account.

I don't mind a bit of chat, that's why I listen to the radio and not spotify.

I tried Spotify and hated it, also my paid account got hacked and my playlist ended up with a selection of music that was not to my tastes. At all.

Someone must have wanted to make use of the multiple devices allowed. Anyway not going back.

Thanks x

I daren't do Absolute Radio or something like that, can you imagine!

I listen to Absolute in my old banger as that is the only station that I can bare. XFM has gone to the dogs since Moyles and that lot took over.

bear/bare? I can't remembear.

I think Friday is middle aged shout out day on Keaveny. Which is obviously fucking hilarious. I think one of the problems with him is that he breaks it all up too much. He never seems to play 2 or 3 songs in a row.

I listen to Absolute in my old banger as that is the only station that I can bare. XFM has gone to the dogs since Moyles and that lot took over.

bear/bare? I can't remembear.

Radio X used to be so good. But yeah, the rebrand has swiftly been followed by a take-over. It's basically Absolute Radio with maybe two more CDs to shuffle.

Radio X used to be so good. But yeah, the rebrand has swiftly been followed by a take-over. It's basically Absolute Radio with maybe two more CDs to shuffle.

It's worth remembering that Keaveny came from Radio X, or XFM as it was. He was nowhere near as annoying from what I remember. I suppose with all the ads it didnt give him so much time to waffle

Back
Top Bottom