Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Peterson's a jazzbastard. Just dullsville man. Ravenscroft is excellent; love his selections + dry sense of humour and not too much chat. Knows his onions. Maconie I like but I can take or leave the Freakzone. Radcliffe & Maconie on Saturday morning are like a window into another time. A time that is now over imo.

Did you know the roxy punk reggae shoots self in face
Radcliffe & Maconie is the one show I don't miss, tend to catch up on BBC Sounds to both shows over the weekend. They accompany me on my long walks.

Maybe worth posting here, despite it not being on 6 music. Rob Da Bank has just started a weekly show on worldwide FM and it's blimmin amazing. I've always loved RDB as a music selector. If you like eclectic, Balearic music, I'm sure you'll love it too. :cool:

I turned off earlier as I couldn't take the run of tracks being played. She just abruptly stopped one of them.

U2 earlier and Train now
Kershaw has to be trying for some sort of worst DJ award with these selections.
I do overtime at work on Saturdays, and have 6Music on in the background. I have to turn off Kershaw, it's like Radio 2 has jammed their transmission. Or worse, its just like someone's mother has taken over.

The shift from Huey is whiplash like.

Tom Ravenscroft is playing This is the Weather by Lost Horizons (feat. Karen Peris) right now which I think is the first time I've ever heard her voice on the station.
It's a truly beautiful song.

Tom Ravenscroft is playing This is the Weather by Lost Horizons (feat. Karen Peris) right now which I think is the first time I've ever heard her voice on the station.
It's a truly beautiful song.

In between typing furiously my brain did stop briefly and go, "oh, that sounds nice."

..and the mood is instantly shattered by an onslaught of commercial radio style jarring idents and adverts that go on forever FFS

Just realised Lame reads out names of cool artists or tracks but then doesn't play them.

The Goldfrapp bit in the 6 Music Artist Collection is particularly good. I still can't fathom it's the 2 of them cos that ethereality is all encompassing and sounds far bigger than just a duo.

There are some advantages to being a bit erratic with sleep. I caught some of the compilation of their hits and even though I know them, I was surprised at just how good they are. Like cornflakes, you forget how good they are until you try them again.

There's some smoooooth muso cocktail jazz going on now, where one of the band members thought it was important that we knew that the singer was a yoga teacher.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone's listening right now but Keaveny just read my email out. Suggesting he shut the fuck up and play music or sign on.

Fair play to him for actually reading it.
No doubt he turned it round into some big joke. Good work though!

Back
Top Bottom