Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I've just started a new job where my boss insists on Radio 6 all day, what a bunch of cocks they seem to have found...

I am dangerously close to quitting, ah well, headphones in spotify up loud.

I've just started a new job where my boss insists on Radio 6 all day,

Swap jobs? :D In our office it's (I'm told) Absolute Radio or YouTube mixes of 80s shite and crappy modern r'n'b.

I think anyone who thinks 6 is that bad really needs to remind themselves of other UK radio stations.

Why does Shaun Keavney think he is funny? And keeps doing impressions all the time. I switched to his breakfast show after radio X started. Shaun is almost as self obsessed and delusional as Chris fucking Moyles. The only reason I am sticking with it is because the music is 80% better.

Just eyeing this thread again this morning, I realised that apart from catching Gilles Peterson and Cerys Matthews now and again, I barely listen to 6Music anymore tbh.

Anybody here posting who doesn't listen to 6music? I can get the posts about wanting it to be better.

It's the "I've come here to post that I'm not interested in this" that makes me curious. :D

(I'm just off to the Knitting thread, to tell people how I'm really *over* knitting. Fucking knitting. Yeah. Fuck you. ;) )

This will prove an unpopular opinion but I think Keaveny IS funny. Maybe its an aquired taste. I didnt get it all when I first heard him. Personally I dont get why there is so much hate for 6Music. I mean compared to mainstream radio there is no comparison, at least in terms of music played, if you have a slightly left-field taste.

I've just started a new job where my boss insists on Radio 6 all day, what a bunch of cocks they seem to have found...

I am dangerously close to quitting, ah well, headphones in spotify up loud.

Imagine having to listen to Steve Wright in the afternoon for years. That is torture.

Keaveney is rubbish, I was enjoying Radcliffe And Maconie yesterday tbh.
generally I find I like it if I only listen to it occasionally
and yeah - it's loads better than other stations

Swap jobs? :D In our office it's (I'm told) Absolute Radio or YouTube mixes of 80s shite and crappy modern r'n'b.

I think anyone who thinks 6 is that bad really needs to remind themselves of other UK radio stations.

Well I hail from Australia... I can't claim radio was much better over there. Just turn the f&cking thing off.

To me Keaveny sounds permanently bored, if you met him at a party you'd find a good excuse to talk to ANYONE else.

Well I hail from Australia... I can't claim radio was much better over there. Just turn the f&cking thing off.

Nah, even when the presenters get slightly irritating (which is rare for me; unless it's Katie Puckrick), there's usually some good tune just around the corner, unless they're devoting an hour to that Clementine chap.

This has given me a horrible backflash to the summer of 1991 working as a trainee scrote in an agri-lab with Radio 1 blaring and no access to the dial in the greenhouse we were in. 'Da yoof of today' would not believe how bad it was then with Simon Bates, Steve Wright, Bruno Brooks et al in their Radio 1 pomp. I shit you not, all DJ's played the same 8 tracks on rotation every day till we were climbing the walls like tortured experimental lab rats (actually that was my job description at the time). I still have nightmares where the soundtrack to them is Rod Stuarts cover of Elton Johns 'Its a Little Bit Funny' and Marc Almonds 'The Days of Pearly Spencer' over and over and over.....

I did, when he was on Radio 1 all those years ago. :oops:

Maconie is fine on his own, yes.

Keaveny is one of those people who can be funny, but give him a few hours and really long breaks to waffle on between songs and the material starts to get stretched very thin. I thought part of the point of R6 was to play more music and have less DJ waffle, anyway? OK, that's probably just my imagination.

I'll listen to Cerys doing interviews for ages—even if you've never heard of the people she talks to, which I usually haven't, they have the best stories.

Have been making a concerted effort to listen more to 6 again this week. There's so much stuff I try to catch on Rinse, Reverb and numerous pirates though, so it's difficult fitting it all in.

Really enjoying Iggy as I type this. Still can't listen to Radcliffe and Maconie (but Maconie on Freak Zone is still ace and have resolved to ensure I listen to this regularly again). Hobbs on listen again was pretty good. Keaveny and Laverne still annoy me greatly. Little interest in Lamacq or Riley. Jarvis, Nemone, Robinson and Ravenscroft were alright but can take or leave. Huey I used to like and now can't really listen to him. Still find Craig Charles' style impenetrable. Peterson and Cerys remain my favourite shows.

Back
Top Bottom