Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

one moderately succesful feature and the DJ will spank it to death. Steve LAmaq and his fucking 'wear your old band t-shirt to work day' shtick every year. I haven't got a band t shirt or a job so fuck off lamaq. Adnoidal twat

At least that's only once a year, 'The Chain' is every day and it has even less of a point. Just play a decent song, or take requests, either way. There's no need for a shit gimmick to fill a minute or two of airtime.

At least that's only once a year, 'The Chain' is every day and it has even less of a point. Just play a decent song, or take requests, either way. There's no need for a shit gimmick to fill a minute or two of airtime.

I don't follow formula 1 so I hadn't had that fleetwood mac intro ruined for me by repeated use as the F1 music but that pair of cunts have managed to ruin it for me

Top Tip - VIZ

Screen-Shot-2016-01-24-at-19.42.56.png

Someone make those two jabbering cunts Radcliffe and Maconie shut the fuck up and play some fucking music. I keep turning off the sound while they've spouting shit but increasingly they're still talking their same smug shit minutes later. And fuck their Radio One sound effects. Cunts.

Oh hell yes! - The very embodiment of Smashy and Nicey and the sad thing is I don't think they even realise (or maybe know but don't care).

Spend far too much time verbally masterbating each other:

M:"You're the funniest"
R:"No, you're the funniest"
M;"No, YOU'RE the funniest"
R:"I love you"
M:"I love you more"
Cue: Firework Noise
Unintelligible groaning and moaning sounds interspersed with the occasional words "Harder, Harder, Don't stop"....

All you haters should spend a day listening to Radio 2 or Heart.

They're shittier at a whole different level than anything on 6 music. Apart from Steve Lamacq

Fuck, yeah. At work one of the colleagues insisted on listening to Steve fucking Wright every day.

Remember this offensive little number from 30 years back?

The homophobic prick.

Radcliffe and Maconie not only drone on and on and on but they manage to talk over each at the same time. Shut up. Cunts.

Radcliffe and Maconie not only drone on and on and on but they manage to talk over each at the same time. Shut up. Cunts.

Radcliffe never sounds particularly interested in what anyone else is saying. I still have a soft spot for Maconie, though. His own show is excellent and his books are genuinely amusing, too.

I've found a compromise to being able to listen to 6 Music at work and not endure those tiresome twats rambling on and on in the afternoon.

I just listen to the previous shows on the iPlayer on demand through my phone (i.e. Keavney during Laverne, and Laverne during Radcliffe & Maconie) and then if any of of them starts talking too long, I just skip through the waffle to the next track. That way I'm still getting relevant live-ish music and news on the day but I can skip through any irritating bollocks.

If I run out of radio, I then go and find another show from the night before like Tom Ravenscroft or something.

All you haters should spend a day listening to Radio 2 or Heart.

They're shittier at a whole different level than anything on 6 music. Apart from Steve Lamacq
I must admit that when Shaun Fucking Keavney is being annoying and I try to switch to something else either the adverts, or the music or the cunty other djs piss me off even more.

I've learnt to tune out SFK now. It doesn't mean he doesn't annoy me though. Just that there's nothing better.

Oh hell yes! - The very embodiment of Smashy and Nicey and the sad thing is I don't think they even realise (or maybe know but don't care).

Spend far too much time verbally masterbating each other:

M:"You're the funniest"
R:"No, you're the funniest"
M;"No, YOU'RE the funniest"
R:"I love you"
M:"I love you more"
Cue: Firework Noise
Unintelligible groaning and moaning sounds interspersed with the occasional words "Harder, Harder, Don't stop"....

I often really enjoy their humour and they can be incredibly sharp and play well off each other. I think sometimes Radcliffe can come across a bit narrow minded though -- a bit little Englander, and he always sounds so bored/rude when he talks to callers about their jobs that I get uncomfortable.

I do think it's harsh that they always take the piss of out Steve Lamacq on air (what has he ever done to them?!), although I really struggle with his show. Just seems to be an endless loop of Ned's Atomic Dustbin, inviting listener interaction for inane topics ("What was your very first pen?") and The Wonder Stuff. The Roundtable can occasionally be alright -- when people will actually say what they think about the records.

But yeah despite my moaning I prefer 6 Music to anything else by miles. Gideon Coe, Giles Peterson and Jarvis Cocker's Sunday Service are some of my favourite shows.

Last edited:
She's talking about "fluffy and lovely" dogs "hanging out" and saying she's playing songs for her 'canine people's playlist"

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

I'm going to add some much needed 6Music love to this thread

Shean Keaveny - I think he IS funny. (sorry)
Huey Morgan - Love his voice and his music
Mary Anne Hobbs - Ditto Huey (although music can be a bit hit-and-miss and my mrs says she is a bit monotone)
Craig Charles - Great at what he does

Ok so what music stations with good music and non-annoying but industrial-action-respecting presenters do you listen to?

Back
Top Bottom