Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

weakly orgasmic 'uh' after a track she likes. Steve Lamaqs 'ers' are just as annoying. Once you've noticed them you cannot unnotice them
See also mark Radcliffe and the suck through the teeth to indicate that a witty comment has been made. Sarah Cox used to do the same, but she has stopped recently.

Turn on bbc6 - first voice, steve lamacq (thinks ok some guitar cack, won't turn over yet, will see where this particular style has got to nowadays)...plays ...megacity four. In 2016. Like he did in

I am sadly of that early 90's Indie era, turned into a raver etc as many of us did. Although I loved the indie scene at the time, I dont listen to it now (at least not repeatedly).

HOWEVER I believe that the is NOT the view of most people my age. Some of my best friends are going to these Stone Roses, Ride etc resurrection shows, spinning their heads dreamily, imaging they still had floppy fringes and baggy jeans.

Turn on bbc6 - first voice, steve lamacq (thinks ok some guitar cack, won't turn over yet, will see where this particular style has got to nowadays)...plays ...megacity four. In 2016. Like he did in

I am sadly of that early 90's Indie era, turned into a raver etc as many of us did. Although I loved the indie scene at the time, I dont listen to it now (at least not repeatedly).

HOWEVER I believe that the is NOT the view of most people my age. Some of my best friends are going to these Stone Roses, Ride etc resurrection shows, spinning their heads dreamily, imaging they still had floppy fringes and baggy jeans.

Every generation who was "there" has many who try and relive that era.

I saw Lauren Lavern the other day. she had a ghastly dress on that was a cross between an ecclesiastical robe and an academic gown, with what looked like hippy friendship bracelets stuck on it. :eek:

I confuse the two, there's the affable one who can be dull but is generally tolerable, then there's the other one. He's worse than Laverne.

It's Radcliffe who'd the more annoying of the two. Conversely, they're both excellent presenters when they're not together.

I quite enjoy Radcliffe & Maconie... they did get me into one of my favourite bands back when they were on Radio 2 though, so bit biased.

Steve Lamacq is beyond dull. Today there was half hour (possibly more, I left work and it was still ongoing) with people giving monologues about running then a "world cup" of running songs/songs with the word 'run' in the title.

Today there was half hour (possibly more, I left work and it was still ongoing) with people giving monologues about running then a "world cup" of running songs/songs with the word 'run' in the title.

I don't mind this sort of shit and, being a runner, was interested in what they'd come up with. But it was a bit of a crap selection (and not all the songs had 'run' in the title either).

Why don't people just play their own music instead of listening to people talk over rubbish records? At least with stations like Rinse you'll here pretty much all new music and you won't get much chat to ruin the vibe.

Why don't people just play their own music instead of listening to people talk over rubbish records? At least with stations like Rinse you'll here pretty much all new music and you won't get much chat to ruin the vibe.
I like to be suprised. Theres always other peoples youtube playlists for this which is where I go when the bantz on the wireless gets on my tits

Back
Top Bottom