Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Childish, so to speak, but true. Never saw why he was so revered really. I mean, teenage kicks? Decent song but I reckon even the likes of Ash recorded better.

Yep, perfectly reasonable to judge 30 yrs of Peel via a simple Ash vs Teenage Kicks comparison - and then still manage to come up with Ash as the winners ....

Still can't believe no one will give Andy Kershaw another chance(what a waste!).
He's delivered some snide digs on his Facebook about why he would better than this or that person on BBC6. And he's probably right, the BBC appear to be satisfied with his One Show reports on the histroy of paper clips or whatever so he seems to be sober.

Yep, perfectly reasonable to judge 30 yrs of Peel via a simple Ash vs Teenage Kicks comparison - and then still manage to come up with Ash as the winners ....

I think we all know why teenage kicks was his favourite tune. I'm sure she looked older than she was tho.

I was a bit sceptical because they've gone on about it so much, but some great live performances from 6 Music festival on their site: Hot Chip, The Fall, SMD, Kate Tempest, Jungle...

Yea I'm not a fan of his tunes either, there is the occasional one but not often enough to keep listening. I'm glad Cerys is on now.

Put it on the other for the first time in a while. So many dull tunes that I started rethinking my totally rational hatred of George Lamb. Couldn't find radio 2 quick enough. :hmm:

Put it on the other for the first time in a while. So many dull tunes that I started rethinking my totally rational hatred of George Lamb. Couldn't find radio 2 quick enough. :hmm:
weekday its not great- I usually tune in for the weekend shows which are markedly better

Jarvs Cocker yesterday was appalling - had some robotic furby in the background and was having a Conversation with the thing. absolute worst part of the weekend, him coming back.

awful.

I had in my mind that Jarvis C was awful, but I heard a bit yesterday and he weren't that bad. He played some John Carpenter and Angelo Badalamenti. I tend to think 6 Music should be gently educational.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom