Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Don't worry, I stopped giving a shit about being cool ages ago :) I have two young kids, sometimes I prefer not to accessorise their breakfast with live reports of Syrian families being shelled. And no one should be subjected to Shaun Keaveney's show.

Just realised the thing about Syrian families probably makes no sense - I meant, I would be listening to R4 mostly if on my own.

Just moved office. High ceilings. Very echoey. Lauren's officially been given a permanent red card by everyone. Back to fucking Absolute :mad:

It's a sorry state of affairs when an advert for Autoglass is preferable to a fucking state-funded 'music' station..

Almost as irritating as Steve Wright

As this thread seems to have moved away somewhat from R6 ... :oops:

God I absolutely LOATHE Steve Wright -- have done since the 1980s ( :oops: ) but he's still utter, utter shit now. On Monday afternoon after work in our shuttle bus, he was bantering with some guest zodiacbollocks astrolocrap peddler, and encouraging thick as pigshit stupid people to phone in and ask this charlatan for advice ... :hmm:

Not sure whether that's a regular SW feature but it's one of many examples of what a twat he remains :mad:

I remember as a kid quite liking him in the afternoons in the late eighties. When it was all 'Steve Wright and the posse' what was I thinking :facepalm:

I remember as a kid quite liking him in the afternoons in the late eighties. When it was all 'Steve Wright and the posse' what I thinking :facepalm:
That was perfectly acceptable 25 years ago. But he's been doing the same thing ever since.

I'm hoping Laverne will have upped her game 25 years from now...

I turned it on for about ten minutes. She droned on and on and on about their fucking birthday, laughed at her own unfunny comments, did her usual endless Twitter exhortations with barely any fucking music being played.

Strangely I think she's rather good when she does 10 O'Clock live on Channel 4, and her music choices on 6 Music are often rather good.

It's just the drivel in between which is so tiresome.

5 years on and that tosser Shaun Keaveny STILL has the breakfast slot. He's fucking useless. He mumbles on like somebody in a padded cell would thinking that nobody was listening.

And he still keeps playing shit like Wham's Last Christmas in a vain attempt at being "wacky" and "off the wall" It wasn't funny the first time and hasn't been funny every fucking day since, BELL END! :mad:

ive actually got no problem with shaun keaveny. matt everitt (sp?) balances the show out... it's weird i spose which DJs wind different people up.

Cocker is being a cock with some silly Jackanory pastiche. 10 minutes he's been at it already. ("...Snuffkin pulled his hat over his snout...")

Fuck off, Cocker. I'm trying to do things around the house and you just sound like a dozy, boring student riffing on something that wasn't that good last night in the pub but now you are pushing it.

Ok. I finally talked my colleagues into switching to 6 from Absolute.

On Absolute - the Smiths.

On 6 *MUSIC*. Some fucking northern monkey talking about the oysters he had for dinner last night.

make this cunt stop!!!

have just been googling a phone number to rant at him directly but cant find one.

I really am enriched by hearing some cunt do mozart on glasses of water. And sri lankan tunes. And some bollywood tune he found in delhi. This is like all the bits of jools holland that I don't like, distilled

Back
Top Bottom