Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Honestly, did you hear the full mix?

It's brilliant. Except for the annoying fucking 6music sting at the start.
I heard at least 12 mins of it and hope to never hear it again.

Thing is, people have different musical tastes so you're never going to persuade me it was brilliant.

It summed up just about everything I hate about certain DJs who produce the same bland, generic house formula with a beat stuck at the same tempo for an eternity, with great songs being stripped down to a few lines, and all nuances being crushed into submission by the aforementioned identikit beat.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm sure there's a half ton of music I like that you'd hate with an equal passion, but for me, today's marathon mix was the worst thing I've heard in ages.

Well I'm already at the stage now where I only ever listen to 6Music via BBC Sounds so i can limit how much unlistenable shit i have to take in while driving my cab.

For home I've massively re-organised all my music files so I can always find exactly what i want at any time, and play via Bluetooth speakers. I will occasionally stick the radio on when doing stuff in the kitchen though 50% of the time i will turn it straight back off again. I even once retuned to radio 2 but that was no better!!

Last edited:
I only tend to listen while I'm pottering in the kitchen, and today Jamz delivered the perfect soundtrack to my cake and shepherd's pie making :cool:

I miss Lammo during the week when I'm cooking dinner, Huw Stephens grates after a while so I turn it off.

Last edited:
I only tend to listen while I'm pottering in the kitchen, and today Jamz delivered the perfect soundtrack to my cake and shepherd's pie making :cool:

I miss Lammo during the week when I'm cooking dinner, Huw Stephens grates after a while so I tuen it off.
Huw's Radio Cymru show is much better. Maybe he should be pushing for doing Welsh language stuff on 6

I miss Lammo during the week when I'm cooking dinner, Huw Stephens grates after a while so I turn it off.
I can't abide Huw Stevens so have stopped listening to the teatime slot Tuesday to Friday. Every time I try again there's far too much blethering and hardly any music which is completely wrong for that timeslot.

A day of appreciation for Disintegration by the Cure

Currently discussing lipstick in line with Robert Smiths previous makeup practices “How to get a Robert Smith smeared lipstick look”

I imagine he is sat at home, dunking digestives, deep in appreciation for 6 Music

Back
Top Bottom