Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

By Christ, they're playing another of those never ending, super-dated, extra cliched mixes, complete with the hackneyed 'Can you feel it?' vocal sample. It's like a bad night in the 414.

I've just heard an advert - Guy Garvey advertising his show on Saturday afternoons. He intones (smugly) (natch) "It's just Good Music".

No mate. If it was just good music, I'd be listening to it religiously. But it's not just music.

There are frequent interjections by some egotistical, patronising twat.

I just cant listen to Craig Charles anymore. Leaving aside employing someone who was remanded for months on allegations of rape before charges were dropped as they usually are, why is he fronting two of the flagship shows for 6? He's awful. He sounds like a creepy guy sidling up to a girl at bar and asking if she'd like a shandy.

For those who don't remember. So I was wrong in the above, charges weren't dropped, he was acquitted based on lack of evidence. To get a rape trial to a jury by the CPS takes a lot of work, most don't get that far.

Yeah, since hearing about that (I was still at school at the time and remember hearing about it now) on here I've been avoiding listening.

Ah... Popbitch. As I said on another thread, I used to work with and go drinking with the brother of the guy who started that. Most of it is absolute fiction. I would be very surprised if Huey's a Trumpian.

Ah... Popbitch. As I said on another thread, I used to work with and go drinking with the brother of the guy who started that. Most of it is absolute fiction. I would be very surprised if Huey's a Trumpian.
I have doubts about the newsletter being absolute fiction. (Though I can't get the description of Jeremy Paxman 's cock out of my memory so maybe I wish it were!)

I do remember Huey Morgan making disparaging comments about trans people, which is a shame as I'd always liked him till then, had even chatted to him on Twitter a bit. But then that doesn't mean anything about his politics as anti trans views exist across the political board now.

I think i've heard approx. 30% of actual music today. the rest of it fuckwits massaging their own egos by massaging other people's egos.

let it rain.

christ they've got Grimshaw presenting on 6 now. even as a temp slot for just this weekend that's too much.
When he was on radio 1 in the evenings I used to call him up and text him asking what sort of fucking name he thought Grimey was. The twat.

Back
Top Bottom