Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

That Gossip track must be the shittiest, most overplayed tune on 6 for a while. They've even squeezed it in for Courtney day... It's amazing what an appearance at the 6 Music festival buys you...

Mary Anne Hobbs just played Country Feedback by REM which Love had in the past claimed was about her, although none of REM have never confirmed that.
Last Friday there were a couple of REM tracks played across the Cobain day but not Let Me In which was explicitly dedicated to him.

I don't really have a point to make. Just thought that was an interesting trivia.

Mary Anne Hobbs just played Country Feedback by REM which Love had in the past claimed was about her, although none of REM have never confirmed that.
Last Friday there were a couple of REM tracks played across the Cobain day but not Let Me In which was explicitly dedicated to him.

I don't really have a point to make. Just thought that was an interesting trivia.

Did they play Immortality by Pearl Jam? It's a beautiful song that Vedder wrote about Cobain despite their personal antipathy.

Fucking hell.... Courtney Love. A whole day of it. This is getting very very tiresome.

I've never quite got over reading in the NME back in the day about her spending a week shagging Alan Partridge shacked up in a hotel in LA. An image you can't quite get rid of.

Why is it a thing when women artists sleep with someone?

The shit that she had to put up back in the 90s!

It's the blandest, dullest, safest thing I've heard all day. The same endless beat going on and on like some hideous wine bar soundtrack.

But thanks for putting a name to it. I think I liked Four Tet back in the day but that was awful and I'll know now to avoid him in the future.

Well it was a mix - it had all sorts of stuff in it. Bjork etc... it was very good

Well it was a mix - it had all sorts of stuff in it. Bjork etc... it was very good
You see, I fucking HATE it when a DJ shoehorns in a great song over their clumpy, never ending, one-tempo beat.

Play the original FFS. It's far better than your ham fisted, unwanted and unnecessary 'DJ remix'!

Back
Top Bottom