Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

What the fuck is 'cloudbusting' and could these idiots stop banging on about it?
I was just thinking the same thing.

"all day cloud busting". You what mate? Why not define it first. Because it currently sounds the same as every other day.

I have to admit though, I can't see a cloud in the sky, so perhaps it's working.

I was just thinking the same thing.

"all day cloud busting". You what mate? Why not define it first. Because it currently sounds the same as every other day.

I have to admit though, I can't see a cloud in the sky, so perhaps it's working.

It's definitely the sort of 'big idea' dreamed up in a pub after several beverages and a couple of grams

Any love for Giles Peterson these days? I was listening to his shows from over the New Year and Christmas and rather liking them. There was nothing that made me want to switch off, even when it got a bit jazztastic in places.

I'd happily have his show on in the background. I might give Worldwide FM another go at some point too.

Any love for Giles Peterson these days? I was listening to his shows from over the New Year and Christmas and rather liking them. There was nothing that made me want to switch off, even when it got a bit jazztastic in places.

I'd happily have his show on in the background. I might give Worldwide FM another go at some point.

Yes I do enjoy a Saturday afternoon with Gilles and Jamz. Feel very sophisticated for a couple of hours. :D

I'd happily have his show on in the background. I might give Worldwide FM another go at some point.

He's one of the better ones. I think I'm just getting old. But I have to rush for the mute button whenever I hear Huw Stephens or jamzwhatevaaaa cutting over a track.

Oh dear.

Giles Peterson is one of the reasons why I barely listen to 6 Music at the weekend, and why I still have a CD player in the van.

They have 24 presenters on the roster. Of those, most are fucking terrible. But each to their own. Ravenscroft, Peterson and Huey are the only ones I think I don't mute.

I'd happily have his show on in the background. I might give Worldwide FM another go at some point too.

Gilles' show is the closest 6music gets to an old pirate station. Playing unreleased tracks, just letting the music flow. Love it

What the fuck is 'cloudbusting' and could these idiots stop banging on about it?
it's a feature from Laverne's breakfast show.
listener requests, but they have to be upbeat mood lifters.
inoffensive enough as radio dj's features go on it's own.

fuck knows why they've made this an all day thing every Friday this month. utterly tedious to hear the name clang again and again and again.

Ah, noted musician Simon Reeve? /sarcastic

I mean he was just on Laura Kuennsberg which kind of made a tiny semblance of sense as he has visited Gaza etc and it's a political show. But 6 Music? What's his take on music in Antarctica then?

I mean he was just on Laura Kuennsberg which kind of made a tiny semblance of sense as he has visited Gaza etc
Thanks for the heads up!

While Simon Reeve is one of my all-time favourite media personalities, I can see that Radio 6 may not be the right environment for an interview with him.

Back
Top Bottom