Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

How has nobody sacked Cerys Matthews? I mean. It's sunday. We all just wanna chill out to some nice tunes. What does she do - I mean, besides her usual spoken word nonsense, today it was favourite sound effects. Literally dripping water for a while. And now an interview with Tim Peake.

It's 6 MUSIC

She's painful, evey so often I listen to her again and it's still as bad.

Saturdays are the best on 6 music, Huey, Jamz, Gilles, Craig Charles funk and soul, and now Don Letts moved from Sunday as well

I think Saturday mornings are one of the best times to catch a good run of tunes: Radcliffe and Maconie followed by Huey Morgan.

I turned Cerys Matthews off this morning as she gets too whimsical.

Huey's easily the best of the lot on 6. His links are short and sweet and his taste is impeccable. He rarely fucks around with totally irrelevant guests like most of them do. Cerys would appear to think she's a national treasure or something so can get away with her nonsense and I don't think anyone's brave enough to tell her. Her show might work at 2am on a Monday night but not prime time Sunday mid morning.

I used to be quite into Cerys for a Sunday morning, then one time she just played too many apple related songs for National Apple Day & I had to give it a miss for about 5 years.

I do still quite like her, but I really have to be in the mood for all that chirpiness. (To be fair, this is true for all the morning types)

Tom Waits played CW Stoneking on Ziggy show. Same.
I am listening to this show now on catchup - when they chat between the records it's like listening to a couple of giant gravelly purring cats. #notchirpy
(I also enjoyed Cerys in real time on Sunday morning, the interviews are generally the bit I like)

I am listening to this show now on catchup - when they chat between the records it's like listening to a couple of giant gravelly purring cats. #notchirpy
(I also enjoyed Cerys in real time on Sunday morning, the interviews are generally the bit I like)

It was great. Love your description. :D

Huh? I definitely picked the right word. You made me doubt myself and check
It's a wanky, pretentious and pointless word to use. Like saying 'vinyls' when you mean records or 'reaching out' when you mean contact.

Ironically you must be very much in step with the 6 dad demographic; 6 voiceovers keep talking about 'curated playlists' like the listening experience is somehow more valuable because they've been 'curated' :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom