Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I listened to a little bit of that roundtable thing last night. It was actually entertaining and he sounded relaxed and like he was enjoying himself now I know why. He could see the light at the end of the tunnel! Maybe his heart wasn't in it anymore. Only so many texts about seeing Damon Albarn at Halfords a man can take.

Can't say I'm a fan of Charles either, but he does play great music.

He does. When it's from the playlist. His own taste is terrible. His 'Time Machine' thing has me literally jumping across the room to shut it off. 'HAVE YOU GUESSED YET PEOPLE?'

He's terrible. And yeh, does sound like a sleazy uncle every time he cuts across a track.

I got Keavney sacked and I'm going to work on this.

Whatever they're playing now is the house music I hate the most. Bland, mid-tempo beat that goes on forever, occasionally peppered by a 'soulful' sample with an inane lyric ("oh baby" or whatever) and then an occasional male sample saying something equally shit like "get back on it." And it goes on for fucking forever. Never going up, never going down, just an unrelenting carpet of wine bar friendly inoffensive elevator music for estate agents.

"How Did You Get Here?" by Antony Szmierek is the next hard rotation track I'm lowering the volume for. Awful lyrics. I hate lazy rhymes, or contrived rhymes. This is such a badly written track, I don't know why 6 loves 'rappers' who go for anything to fit the melody rather than writing decent words.

"How Did You Get Here?" by Antony Szmierek is the next hard rotation track I'm lowering the volume for. Awful lyrics. I hate lazy rhymes, or contrived rhymes. This is such a badly written track, I don't know why 6 loves 'rappers' who go for anything to fit the melody rather than writing decent words.
Thinks he's Mike fucking Skinner!

have they gone a bit OTT over the new Beatles single today?
every half hourly news bulletin has turned into a countdown till they play it.

I will still be listening at 2 mind you.

Back
Top Bottom