Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Chris Hawkins

normally does the 5 - 7.30 am slot, before anyone is awake to hear. better suited to that slot I feel.

I don't mind Hawkins most of the time. He keeps the deejay banter to a minimum and mostly just gets on with playing records in his usual slot. Maybe he's obligated to up the game a bit at this hour.

He probably is the most 'commercial' DJ on 6. Doesn't he sit in on R2 too? Seems a nice fella though.

Enjoying the Kendo Nagasaki session on Marc Riley, a trombone through effects pedals and two drummers! :cool:

A really difficult listen - can’t listen to 6music before 7:30am.
Nah, Hawkins is a bit naff but tolerable for background music while fussing about with making breakfast.
For actually unlistenable see Amy Lamé in the equivalent weekend slot. I'll shut it off when accidentally tuned in 2 mins early for Radcliffe & Maconie. Painfully dire.

But it could always be worse. Remember that shite year when Russel Brand of all people had a Sunday morning show?

I've been WFH over the last couple of days without that many meetings and I have found myself having to switch off a lot more than normal due to singers being painfully out of tune. Surely it should be a basic requirement that you can actually carry a note before you are allowed a record contract?

Last edited:
What the fuck is Mike Skinner's 'Icons' mix all about - it sounds like the cheesiest wedding DJ house mix. Awful. Play the actual fucking song instead of speeding up songs to fit in with your bland relentless omni-beat.

Oh - I quite liked it!
It was just like Stars on 45 to me. I absolutely loathe those super-bland, pop-tastic house mixes where tiny snippets of classic songs are sped up or slowed down to fit in with the never changing beat. One of the worst things I've heard all week - and I like the Streets!

I'll be honest. I've never understood why 6Music cling to both Skinner and Tempest. They seem to have been constant companions. What hold do they have?

Back
Top Bottom