Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

fucking kings of Leon now. just kill me.

half an hour till Ravenscroft. to pass the time I'm going to do a shot every time the presenter says "indie" and finish off this litre of whiskey.

:D It was like a cd of indie hits you'd buy at a garage.

Grohl's broken leg incident.

Occasionally it goes right the other way. E.g. Pulp stepping in for Stone Roses after John Squire broke his collarbone in 1995. Not least because it was one of their most memorable performances, and also the Stone Roses would've been dreadful if their Reading 1996 headlining slot was anything to go by.

Glastonbury 1995, one of the highlights of my life. It was, but beforehand I was anticipating that because Neil Young was going to play.

Then he cut his finger making a sandwich and had to cancel.

Don't worry, I've got over it. I've forgotten. lol.

I've only been listening for 40 mins and I am bored of Glastonbury already.
i was driven back to Radio One this morning by the incessant Glasto worship on 6 Music this morning. But that's not a viable solution. Time to catch up with my podcast and audio book back log maybe?

Glastonbury is an odd one for 6. They're trying to reshape/recalibrate their listenership while also giving exhaustive coverage to a music festival with perhaps the widest age bracket focus of them all.

Isn't Sherelle on The Blessed Madonna's show tomorrow, as well?

Just had a look and she is but I’ve not heard of her before. Will try and check it out.

AD is doing early Detroit techno tonight after the usual 45 minute playlist/warm up but nothing about a guest at the end. We’ll see!

Just had a look and she is but I’ve not heard of her before. Will try and check it out.

AD is doing early Detroit techno tonight after the usual 45 minute playlist/warm up but nothing about a guest at the end. We’ll see!
Sherelle usually plays a 160+ BPM set of (faster) techno/Jungle/Hardcore/Juke/Footwork & I really like it. I think that set on Blessed Madonna may be her earlier influences (but I may have heard wrong)...
This is a great one of hers & fully downloadable on the 'more' button/the down arrow.

Sherelle usually plays a 160+ BPM set of (faster) techno/Jungle/Hardcore/Juke/Footwork & I really like it. I think that set on Blessed Madonna may be her earlier influences (but I may have heard wrong)...
This is a great one of hers & fully downloadable on the 'more' button/the down arrow.

fucking hell she is not playing around is she? :D Banging.

Honestly I had to turn off today as I am not an 80s person. Switched to radio one and got caught up in their looking for a dj thing, that apparently they've had all week. Can't imagine dealing with it since Monday, but for a morning it was quite interesting.

Now here's someone who REALLY doesn't like Lamacq & Whiley:

Actually before we even get to that - there IS something more enraging and that’s because it’s more enraging than any other sound on earth. It’s the sound of Jo Whiley’s voice. Every time I hear it I can picture her insufferably smug expression, I can picture her grinning and nodding in agreement with another legendary bit of Noel Gallagher bants, I can her utterly revolting dismissal of Lily Allen as just a daft girl who doesn't deserve an opinion on music, I can picture her struggling with Mark E.Smith's refusal to join her in speaking the corpse-breathed corporate-spiel she thinks passes for communication - I can hear ultimately the sound of someone who perhaps kindalikes music, but who blatantly loves money and business and marketing more, someone whose indiscriminate endless sycophancy around musicians (and consequent snotty snobbery around anything that wouldn’t coincide with her grisly ‘real music played by real people’ conservatism) percolates into everything she does, everything she plays, everything she’s ever said and done in nearly three decades of co-opting the independent and ‘alternative’ into the corporate deathspiral of her soul.

Back
Top Bottom