Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Ok. I think I like the new 7pm show. Much more varied. More dance music, some odd stuff as well.

I liked Marc Riley but this is an improvement.
Sorry, not liking it at all. I've given it a good go. Too much dance, too much electronica.

There are new bands out there playing exciting punk/post punk/folk&celtic punk etc

Bring back Riley, and re-runs of John Peel sessions from the late 70s.

I know this makes me old.

Been listening a bit in the day while doing some work on the bathroom. Does Mary Anne Hobbs play a hard-core track everyday? Are they all "from Birmingham."

Sorry, not liking it at all. I've given it a good go. Too much dance, too much electronica.

There are new bands out there playing exciting punk/post punk/folk&celtic punk etc

Bring back Riley, and re-runs of John Peel sessions from the late 70s.

I know this makes me old.

You're not wrong.

I think they had to move on though.

You're not wrong.

I think they had to move on though.
Thing is, apart from Riley & Coe, which I'm enjoying right now, which BBC radio channel is catering for me these days? Clearly 6 music is trying to get rid of 60ish white blokes (and I get the historic privilege thing). I like Craig Charles and the Trunk of Punk/Jar of Ska stuff when wfh, but the recent changes in the evenings have really pissed me off and completely blown my routine!

The BBC's library of John Peel (and others) sessions is a really valuable and loved archive/resource. They should really push it. Old gits like me love it.

If the "new music" show was a little less "mainstream" and, frankly "stuff I thought Radio One plays", it might work better.

(sorry, I really am gutted at losing my listening to Marc Riley in the evening thing)

I love Marc Riley and I'm 40. My son is obsessed with the 80's and he's 11. It's alright to complain about this, if you're judging historic privilege entirely by one's age you're doing it wrong. What is this bollocks, when I was 26 my best friends were 20, 30 , 40 years older than me. No power differentials applied.
Thanks!

Ok. I think I like the new 7pm show. Much more varied. More dance music, some odd stuff as well.

I liked Marc Riley but this is an improvement.
I'm starting to warm to it now too, I think.

I do like Riley though, so I should really get round to listening to some of his new shows on catch up.

Back
Top Bottom