Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC presenter Huw Edwards suspended over paying for sexual pics.

Compulsive sexual behavior is the same as the medical condition called addiction? Why did they not call it "sex addiction"? It's lazy reporting. there are compulsive sexual behaviours, but that is not the same as addiction. Compulsive sexual behaviours is what WHO recognize.
I don’t think compulsive sexual behaviour is actually recognised as an addiction

not sure why their worried about the queen death coverage

are they worried she be offended as he was proved not to be a pedo :hmm:
Who knows. One of the many ironies about Britain is that so many self declared royalists read The Sun. I can’t imagine a single member of the family have any fondness for the paper, or its role in profiting from their worst moments. Logically therefore, you’d assume that hardcore fans would be boycotting the worst of the tormentors of those they adore.

Who knows. One of the many ironies about Britain is that so many self declared royalists read The Sun. I can’t imagine a single member of the family have any fondness for the paper, or its role in profiting from their worst moments. Logically therefore, you’d assume that hardcore fans would be boycotting the worst of the tormentors of those they adore.
If they’re anything like the Mail, they also give an endless stream of positive Royal stories.

Lot's of us older folk are pervs. It's not necessarily a bad thing. I've been a perv since my teens and I'm in my 60s now. That said, if it turned out he was a kiddie fiddler (no evidence for that) or a workplace sex pest (I believe this has been alleged somewhere), then that would put a different somewhat different slant on things. But with what we "know" now though, I'm finding some of the moralistic outrage a bit stomach churning, to be honest.
I think you are confusing sex positive with perverts tbh. Yes I'm aware of how the term pervert has been used and misused historically.

Can rely on John Simpson to continue the theme of overblown sense of importance of the role:

My own use of bold:

“Can you imagine the fall from grace of somebody like that - from being a hero to millions of people, and then the next moment to be reviled in the way that Huw has been? Imagine the effect on his family or his children, on his wife, or mother?”, he asks.

He does at least go on to mention the agenda:

Simpson goes on to say he believes that the coverage from other parts of the press “feeds into a concerted political campaign in this country against the BBC".

He adds: "It's encouraged by the Murdoch newspapers, by The Telegraph and the Mail group, they want to see effectively the end of the BBC, they want to see it destroyed.”

From the live updates page https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-66174146?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=64afe409506a9f4885dc0f2e&Imagine how Edwards must be feeling - colleague&2023-07-13T11:58:22.876Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:b82027a1-49ff-45c9-a053-cac90983c3b6&pinned_post_asset_id=64afe409506a9f4885dc0f2e&pinned_post_type=share

Been here just under a year, but sussed the place out already. :thumbs:
It’s just that I kind of enjoyed watching that discussion develop. I should’ve been more careful when I said biscuit aisle, because I’m sure there are things there that fall into the cake or other categories, which probably invalidates the strictly biscuit definition.

I think you are confusing sex positive with perverts tbh. Yes I'm aware of how the term pervert has been used and misused historically.
I think that inevitably the idea of being sex positive (as well as such terms as 'kink shaming', 'vanilla' etc) have and will continue to be used to defend sleazy and predatory behaviour. You basically end up in an endless arms race as terms are invented, adopted and misused.

More widely, as soon as you have a big social push to say that a certain behaviour is ok (and even laudable), then there is pressure to do that. After all, if something is ok, why wouldn't you want to do it? What's wrong with you?

I think that inevitably the idea of being sex positive (as well as such terms as 'kink shaming', 'vanilla' etc) have and will continue to be used to defend sleazy and predatory behaviour. You basically end up in an endless arms race as terms are invented, adopted and misused.

More widely, as soon as you have a big social push to say that a certain behaviour is ok (and even laudable), then there is pressure to do that. After all, if something is ok, why wouldn't you want to do it? What's wrong with you?
Yes sex positive can also be misused of course well done.

Yes I've seen sex positive folk shaming "vanilla" folk which is one way to massively miss the point.

Did anyone see the tweet implying that this all gussied up by the Sun to take the heat off Boris the Johnson and his current legal troubles?

I wouldn't be surprised, except that having been fired BJ the human blowjob is on his way to being forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom